Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
My '99 red Blazer with just under 13,000 miles passed its smog check and can be registered for yet another year in Cali.
It is my "red storage cabinet" in the garage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today is turkey shopping day. The stores finally wised up.......one advertises a sale price and the others will 'match' the deal. 47 cents a pound on the turkey if you spend an additional $20 on other stuff........which I already am doing.
In years past, I took advantage of the BOGO free, but I don't have the freezer room right now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How to thaw a frozen turkey (from Butterball)

Refrigerator Thawing
  • Thaw breast side up, in an unopened wrapper on a tray in the fridge (40 degrees friend or below).
  • Allow at least 1 day of thawing for every 4 lbs.
  • Keep turkey in original wrapper and place on tray.
  • Use within 4 days after thawing.
Cold Water Thawing
  • Thaw breast side down, in an unopened wrapper, with enough cold water to cover your turkey completely.
  • Change water every 30 minutes and if turkey cannot be completely covered, rotate every 30 minutes to keep the turkey chilled.
  • Estimate a minimum thawing time of 30 minutes per lb.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Over the years we have amassed many Christmas decorations and lights. Yesterday we donated a bunch to Laura's House (store where proceeds help battered women) in time for people to buy them for Christmas. Two Blazer-loads of stuff. If I hadn't seen it in a couple years, it went. Over the years we have reduced the size of our tree and there were too many ornaments. They're gone!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tomorrow the Santa Ana winds are suppose to start and it'll be 79 degrees Tuesday and 84 degrees Weds.
Thanksgiving dinner could be a picnic!

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_1660_03.jpg