Random Myth's and other Lie's

JustTired

free at last.......
Beg to differ on that one - Our local sort is comprised ENTIRELY of cover drivers chomping at the bit to drive, any day, any price, any route.

My point was......that as with all of their numbers, they are overly optimistic. Given the current job market, they should be able to be more selective about who they hire. Weeding out those with the problems I stated earlier, will significantly lower the amount of available candidates. And those that look good on paper may not "cut it" in the real world.

That's all I'm saying!

My point was......that as with all of their numbers, they are overly optimistic. Given the current job market, they should be able to be more selective about who they hire. Weeding out those with the problems I stated earlier, will significantly lower the amount of available candidates. And those that look good on paper may not "cut it" in the real world.

That's all I'm saying!
When they say that there are n100 people waiting to take our place, they are talking about OUTSIDE of the company(not cover drivers working inside). In that context, your calculations are probably right on spot.

LTD? Don't kid yourself and don't try to kid us. All these starving cover drivers may say "cover drivers chomping at the bit to drive, any day, any price, any route.". You can bet your last dollar that when they get the first check, if the pay isn't what the contract says, they'll be filing grievances.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I let a "starving cover driver" run my route today. He didn't seem all that excited about it.

"I know you're sick but we really need you today. Don't worry, we'll dispatch you super light".

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"Just keep going. We have help for you later on." :surprised:

"Its not mandatory you give in the United Way drive. We are expecting 100% participation though." :surprised:

"If you think you will miss air, a sup will give it to an air driver." "What do you mean? You can get those airs out before 10:30, its tight" :surprised:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"We honestly care about our employees."

"Expectation Zero"

"Health and Wellness Week" - my personal favourite. Safety :censored2: kisser hands out flyers at the entrance, reminding you to eat your fruits veggies and quit smoking. Handed out by a 300 pound young woman smoking a Marlboro.

Re-Raise

" I will be the fastest to ever make it to full-time driver because I tell all the management people I see that I REALLY want to drive" ... BBAG

Catatonic

Nine Lives

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok - help me out here. There used to be a standing joke about the worlds 3 biggest lies.

1. The check is in the mail

2. I promise I won't ---- in your

3. ??????????

Re-Raise

My dad always said it was "We're from the government and we 're here to help you."

He had his eightieth birthday 2 weeks ago. Korean vet and I still wouldn't want to fight him.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
"We honestly care about our employees."

"Expectation Zero"

"Health and Wellness Week" - my personal favourite. Safety :censored2: kisser hands out flyers at the entrance, reminding you to eat your fruits veggies and quit smoking. Handed out by a 300 pound young woman smoking a Marlboro.
I know who your talking about, I get a kick out of that! I see her all the time.:wink2: