Random Myth's and other Lie's

M

Mike23

"we are in a recession" is my fav XD

I was joking with another commercial driver about this the other day and said, 'what recession?!'

He goes, 'You know, the UPS recession. The one where drivers get half days and the rest of us get more $@#$ on our trucks so we're out for 10 hours.'

upser_J

Actually we are getting paid to move packages from point A to point B, we just get the pay from point A(generally).

I agree on the safety issue, Including the legal aspect.

well yes... but UPS generally only gets paid when they pick up the box

well yes... but UPS generally only gets paid when they pick up the box
but if it were not for the delivery there would be no need to pick it up, It's just that it is usually the pick up account that we bill for the service.
It's just a matter of semantics really.

JustTired

free at last.......
but if it were not for the delivery there would be no need to pick it up, It's just that it is usually the pick up account that we bill for the service.

Once UPS picks up the package, they (by extension) become a representative of that company. How the delivery is handled is not only a reflection on UPS, but that of the company being represented. Something that I think gets lost on those that make boneheaded and totally 'cost related' decisions. It might save money in the short term, but what is the actual cost?

upser_J

true... its kind of a chicken and an egg situation.... UPS won't deliver if they don't pay first... but they won't pay if UPS doesn't deliver

but in the end.. someone always pays!