Re: Missort posts

CharleyHustle

In my area, they used the "SSPVE" system, and FT management, managers, and division manager posted "their" metrics in highly visible locations, and "their" percent effective on each of them. I certainly don't know everyone, but I don't recall a single management person having a problem with it. Better, I would point to it and talk about what we needed to do to fix it. Most of the same things hourly employees are talked to about, are on the supervisor's QPR.

Hourly employees work as instructed. By posting individual hourly employee "numbers" you are only pointing out how well or poorly these hourly have been instructed. "Their metrics" and "their percent effective" are measurements of management effectiveness. Hence the contractual language of "the union does not recognize company standards". You can discipline individual hourly for not following instruction, but that cannot be done "one-on-one", there must be union representation if the employee or the employer contemplates discipline. This documents what instruction was given and what instruction the hourly did not follow.

The gist of this is that many managers believe that hourly employees are always at fault for the failings of the operation, and nothing could be further from the truth. Posting 'numbers" of hourly is management saying "I'm in over my head and I can't come up with any solutions so I'm posting this so maybe they'll do better".

ski or die

Ski or Die
Hourly employees work as instructed. By posting individual hourly employee "numbers" you are only pointing out how well or poorly these hourly have been instructed. "Their metrics" and "their percent effective" are measurements of management effectiveness. Hence the contractual language of "the union does not recognize company standards". You can discipline individual hourly for not following instruction, but that cannot be done "one-on-one", there must be union representation if the employee or the employer contemplates discipline. This documents what instruction was given and what instruction the hourly did not follow.

The gist of this is that many managers believe that hourly employees are always at fault for the failings of the operation, and nothing could be further from the truth. Posting 'numbers" of hourly is management saying "I'm in over my head and I can't come up with any solutions so I'm posting this so maybe they'll do better".
Excellent analogy!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is pure intimidation & boarderline harassment, might as well throw over-supervision in there.
Employees should be only told their individual "numbers" in private as well as anything pertaining to performance or discipline. (This was all in your management test but you probably got that question wrong).
- obviously the "top" guys don't mind & enjoy the challenge(ThEIr ON TOP!!)
How 'bout you and your "gang" of "top" boy toys share eachothers numbers amongst yourselves. The rest of us will sit back n watch the show. Cheers
Brown T-Bagger have you met
@indecision?

22.34life

Ups can post any numbers reports they want.the company can not however hold members to a production standard since it is not contractuall.hope that answers ur question

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you want to get under your management teams' skin, get a group of "under achieving" drivers together and pose a game of penny a point in regards to who can come in the most over-allowed.
We did this in my center for awhile, settling up every morning in front of the Center Manager's office, just prior to our start time.
It drove them absolutely nuts.

Next year we're talking about having a Fantasy Driver League.
The drivers in my loop are sure fire first round draft picks.
One day last week, between the 3 of us, we were almost 10 hours over.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The proud Teamsters that built this company.
This "proud Teamster" is doing the same route he's done for the last 15 years.

While there has been no significant on-area changes since the fall of 2000, it now takes approximately 30 more stops to "dispatch"?

So, I can choose to "chase the rabbit" as the company desires, or I can embrace the "over-allowed" in various forms of sarcasm and satire and take their money.

I choose the latter.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This "proud Teamster" is doing the same route he's done for the last 15 years.

While there has been no significant on-area changes since the fall of 2000, it now takes approximately 30 more stops to "dispatch"?

So, I can choose to "chase the rabbit" as the company desires, or I can embrace the "over-allowed" in various forms of sarcasm and satire and take their money.

I choose the latter.
Do you still drive a P600 with a padlocked wooden bulkhead door and paper delivery records?