Ready to Strike?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That really depends on the bargaining unit.

2-tier wages at UPS started long before Hoffa. And, the guy is retired.

With a new Sheriff in town.... we gotta give him a chance.
It is my understanding that Hoffa Sr. conceded to a part-time workforce. IMO that is probably when the multi-tier wages, the disparity between the value of the Part-time UPS Teamsters and the Full-time UPS Teamsters, and the resultant division that exists between these 2 distinct groups within the union began.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
it would take an lunatic to push that button
CE7AEAD2-4CAC-4800-A927-7FC5EAEDAF64.gif

PT Car Washer

It is my understanding that Hoffa Sr. conceded to a part-time workforce. IMO that is probably when the multi-tier wages, the disparity between the value of the Part-time UPS Teamsters and the Full-time UPS Teamsters, and the resultant division that exists between these 2 distinct groups within the union began.
Yes the Teamster did concede to a PT workforce but only if the company paid PT the same wages as FT. That way the Union could double and triple dues paying members. It also protected FT jobs since there was no incentive for the company to expand PT jobs. The PT two tier wages came much later.

100%

ok whats 15 bucks now verses 8 dollars a million years ago?8 buck back in the day was a pack of marlboros and couple of 32 oz beers and a couple of gallons of gas.don't try to pull that with me.drivers deserve more, you got yours don't hate on the people that keep the building running, that are your union brothers and sisters getting ripped off at every opportunity by the company.
You missed my point.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
You missed my point.
you missed reality of now.you worked your way up.your 40 dollars is nothing compared to what share holders and the company are making off you r blood sweat n tears.(10 dollars a box for ground)you think you are worth only 4 ground packages per hour?you deserve more.if you say otherwise for building workers you need to kick rocks.

Last edited:

100%

you missed reality of now.you worked your way up.your 40 dollars is nothing compared to what share holders and the company are making off you r blood sweat n tears.(10 dollars a box for ground)you think you are worth only 4 ground packages per hour?you deserve more.if you say otherwise for building workers you need to kick rocks.
I’m also a shareholder, I also don’t deliver much more than 4 boxes an hour rookie. I bought plenty of UPS shares below my pay rate. Do you remember it being that low rookie? Thanks for the comedy today.

Swanson

I’m also a shareholder, I also don’t deliver much more than 4 boxes an hour rookie. I bought plenty of UPS shares below my pay rate. Do you remember it being that low rookie? Thanks for the comedy today.
you are garbage straight up.lame ass union member dunnage like you make me sick.you'll learn what time it is when the contract is up enjoy it will you can.clocks ticking lame.better jump for your stock price!!better prey that the people in the building that keep it running that keep your stock price up dont vote.i hope you lose everything straight up

Last edited:

100%

you are garbage straight up.lame ass union member dunnage like you make me sick.you'll learn what time it is when the contract is up enjoy it will you can.clocks ticking lame.better jump for your stock price!!better prey that the people in the building that keep it running that keep your stock price up dont vote.i hope you lose everything straight up
I appreciate your solidarity. I guess I have to say it bc you’re not figuring it out on your own, but drivers have been where you are. Why are you so angry at a FT position making more than PT? Should I just be mad at you bc your starting wage was almost double what mine was? I’ve never voted yes for any contract rookie. Here’s some advice for you, PT control the vote so they control the contract, but you’re mad at drivers. How about motivate your Pt to vote? You actually sound more like management up on browncafe trying to sow division.

Swanson

I appreciate your solidarity. I guess I have to say it bc you’re not figuring it out on your own, but drivers have been where you are. Why are you so angry at a FT position making more than PT? Should I just be mad at you bc your starting wage was almost double what mine was? I’ve never voted yes for any contract rookie. Here’s some advice for you, PT control the vote so they control the contract, but you’re mad at drivers. How about motivate your Pt to vote? You actually sound more like management up on browncafe trying to sow division.
no u do u are a lame.acting like 15 bucks is worth anything in theses time.i am happy u guys r getting paid u deserve more.but you are mad acting like 15 dollars in biden bucks is worth anything.call me what u want i know what time it is !especially your union brothers and sisters working for nothing getting ripped off every week.you look like a fool here getting 40 an hour i am not mad but crapping on us for getting 15 in 2022 which is about 6 dollars in buying power when u were coming up whos the hater here?thats right u need to stfu and keep licking boots

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes the Teamster did concede to a PT workforce but only if the company paid PT the same wages as FT. That way the Union could double and triple dues paying members. It also protected FT jobs since there was no incentive for the company to expand PT jobs. The PT two tier wages came much later.
Where did you get this information?

I am interested in learning a little more about the origins and history of the UPS Teamster Part-time workforce.

I sense it was more than likely a concession and most likely UPS has abused the concession, like they do most concessions.

The UPS Teamster Part-time rank and file need to step up and exercise their overwhelming majority vote to get what they want.

Integrity

Binge Poster
no u do u are a lame.acting like 15 bucks is worth anything in theses time.i am happy u guys r getting paid u deserve more.but you are mad acting like 15 dollars in biden bucks is worth anything.call me what u want i know what time it is !especially your union brothers and sisters working for nothing getting ripped off every week.you look like a fool here getting 40 an hour i am not mad but crapping on us for getting 15 in 2022 which is about 6 dollars in buying power when u were coming up whos the hater here?thats right u need to stfu and keep licking boots
IMO Part-timers and Full-timers should be paid the same.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMO UPS Teamster Part-timers need to be educated in the power they hold in their vote.

They also need to be taught that they have the same voting power the day they make their Union Book as the 10, 20 and 25 year members of the Union.