Rear box truck garage door pull down extension

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whelp, I'm finally out of that undersized cargo van, or I'm about to get a :censored2: load of bigger boxes ...

Back in another rental but a box truck wif no pass thru & rear garage door, sigh.

Ford E350 wif flex fuel , which is useless around my area because I haven't seen an E85 fuel station at all... wanted to see how much mileage is that on this v8 engine.

Ok, the rear bumper step height is way up above my knees, maybe in the ballsac area, which is kinda high for me.

That repetitive motion of climbing up to the cargo area will take it's toll on my knees, gah.

So I've seen this on the bigger straight trucks & had an idea:

images.jpg

Instead of slipping on that bumper, I can fashion my own pull down strap. Butt, wif Wut??? It's tough enough to ask for markers or crayons from this investor class bosses...

giphy.gif

Weather bags and packing tape!

DSC_0007.JPG

Boo Yah!

I can grab that side hand rail & pull the mo fo rollup garage door down safely from the ground.

Now this investor class gotta realize that the most efficient vehicle for diss type of package delivery job is a FRIGGIN STEPVAN or BREAD TRUCK style!!!!!!!

Didn't choo negotiated that costs of doing bidness when converting to I as$ Pee???

bacha29

Whelp, I'm finally out of that undersized cargo van, or I'm about to get a :censored2: load of bigger boxes ...

Back in another rental but a box truck wif no pass thru & rear garage door, sigh.

Ford E350 wif flex fuel , which is useless around my area because I haven't seen an E85 fuel station at all... wanted to see how much mileage is that on this v8 engine.

Ok, the rear bumper step height is way up above my knees, maybe in the ballsac area, which is kinda high for me.

That repetitive motion of climbing up to the cargo area will take it's toll on my knees, gah.

So I've seen this on the bigger straight trucks & had an idea:

View attachment 147483

Instead of slipping on that bumper, I can fashion my own pull down strap. Butt, wif Wut??? It's tough enough to ask for markers or crayons from this investor class bosses...

giphy.gif

Weather bags and packing tape!

View attachment 147486

Boo Yah!

I can grab that side hand rail & pull the mo fo rollup garage door down safely from the ground.

Now this investor class gotta realize that the most efficient vehicle for diss type of package delivery job is a FRIGGIN STEPVAN or BREAD TRUCK style!!!!!!!

Didn't choo negotiated that costs of doing bidness when converting to I as$ Pee???

bacha29

Hey driver,

Shut up and deliver boxes.

The investor class.
Hey investor class. get the kid a truck designed for that specific task before he literally busts a nut using that moving van. Seriously it's people like the one Orion works for who give FXG contractors a bad name. Don't want to spend the money on the right equipment. Don't want to pay anything. They just want to sit back and stack the easy cash.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey investor class. get the kid a truck designed for that specific task before he literally busts a nut using that moving van. Seriously it's people like the one Orion works for who give FXG contractors a bad name. Don't want to spend the money on the right equipment. Don't want to pay anything. They just want to sit back and stack the easy cash.
Depends on who you ask. Around here, most drivers prefer the cutaways. I don't mind them for 70 stops or less.

rod

Retired 22 years
E85 is junk fuel. Gas mileage will be cut by a third, it will stink and performance will be crap. E85 is brought to you by the farm lobby and is highly subsidized. I once read where it cost $1.25 cents to make a dollars worth of E85. That's what happens when you take a food crop and try to make a fuel out of it.

OrioN

Yeah, was curious about that e85 flex fuel mileage on these Ford engines... maybe that crappy diluted fuel mixture is only out west???

Well, investor class, I'm not averaging 70 stops on this full-time route. Stuck with rentals almost a year after that pos box van
shenanigans... more like 110-130 if I'm lucky enough to not have too many oversized boxes for that day.

@Indecisi0n , I thought the handle extension reminded u of thissssss:

download.jpg

Investor class, stick this up your bum instead of your heads... how will u retain the good drivers if they drive death traps or these types of rentals? If this has a cutaway/pass thru, then mebbe it's doable in my area

& that's pretty low if u can't supply markers crayons and hand trucks to your crew that is out thurr on the field.

The typical snowflake drivers that you will hire this coming peak may quit on youse as well

And the early Amazon blitz of hiring people will probably dry up your prospects of finding good drivers to supplement your already maxxed out drivers.

Remember, my rural route productivity will go into the toilet once that white stuff starts falling.

MAKAVELI

E85 is junk fuel. Gas mileage will be cut by a third, it will stink and performance will be crap. E85 is brought to you by the farm lobby and is highly subsidized. I once read where it cost $1.25 cents to make a dollars worth of E85. That's what happens when you take a food crop and try to make a fuel out of it.
E85 isn't crap. It's just better suited for high compression/boosted racing engines.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, was curious about that e85 flex fuel mileage on these Ford engines... maybe that crappy diluted fuel mixture is only out west???

Well, investor class, I'm not averaging 70 stops on this full-time route. Stuck with rentals almost a year after that pos box van
shenanigans... more like 110-130 if I'm lucky enough to not have too many oversized boxes for that day.

@Indecisi0n , I thought the handle extension reminded u of thissssss:

View attachment 147503

Investor class, stick this up your bum instead of your heads... how will u retain the good drivers if they drive death traps or these types of rentals? If this has a cutaway/pass thru, then mebbe it's doable in my area

& that's pretty low if u can't supply markers crayons and hand trucks to your crew that is out thurr on the field.

The typical snowflake drivers that you will hire this coming peak may quit on youse as well

And the early Amazon blitz of hiring people will probably dry up your prospects of finding good drivers to supplement your already maxxed out drivers.

Remember, my rural route productivity will go into the toilet once that white stuff starts falling.
Silly Orion. You'll do it and like it or run offf to another contractor thinking things better "over there". Truth is you're in a dead end job that goes nowhere and destroys your body year after year. But if you want to amuse yourself with such internet flotsam, by all means, post on.

OrioN

Silly Orion. You'll do it and like it or run offf to another contractor thinking things better "over there". Truth is you're in a dead end job that goes nowhere and destroys your body year after year. But if you want to amuse yourself with such internet flotsam, by all means, post on.

That's why I'm in HD & not ground. I tried driving those bigger straight trucks that has parking air brakes, yet no cdl is needed.
Back breaking work & it's a :censored2: of a joke went it compares to HD s mostly resis stops
I know my days are numbered at FedEx contractor jobs, when they finally overlap with ground ops. I may come in late most days starting September, but I get the job done & straight line without any pickup commits at HD.

Butt, u better start now with looking for supplemental drivers because Amazon looks to be a better deal depending on the area.

I know they are making bank, so it's up to them to have a worry free route/ driver or split my route in 2, wasting more resources for doing what I'm doing on this & 2 neighboring routes with re PiP s of the misplots

bacha29

That's why I'm in HD & not ground. I tried driving those bigger straight trucks that has parking air brakes, yet no cdl is needed.
Back breaking work & it's a :censored2: of a joke went it compares to HD s mostly resis stops
I know my days are numbered at FedEx contractor jobs, when they finally overlap with ground ops. I may come in late most days starting September, but I get the job done & straight line without any pickup commits at HD.

Butt, u better start now with looking for supplemental drivers because Amazon looks to be a better deal depending on the area.

I know they are making bank, so it's up to them to have a worry free route/ driver or split my route in 2, wasting more resources for doing what I'm doing on this & 2 neighboring routes with re PiP s of the misplots
While we do appreciate you efforts to entertain us while trying to make the best of a bad situation the time has clearly come for you look for a better situation. Don't let the job accelerate the eventual deterioration of your knees, hips, shins, back etc to the point where nobody will hire you for anything. You're a fit and productive member of this society. The problem is that you work for a low life member of the investor class who believes that there are plenty more where you come from. Give them the opportunity to test that conviction.

OrioN

I know this is a dead end job. Butt it fits my schedule for the interim.

I'm just posting a driver side of view.

I do practice safety for my self preservation. Like 3 points of contact when entering/ exiting a vehicle.

The wheel bearings of my hand truck is shot for the 3rd time in the past 2 years, but that's better than having a slipped disc

I don't want a knee, hip, or hernia surgery down the road & ending up with this rural route can extend my longevity.

The ground contractor, on the other hand, hates the area. Too much cost when I see up to 3 of them servicing this zipcode, while only a single HD driver is working with it.

Carry on y'all:peaceful:

MAKAVELI

I know this is a dead end job. Butt it fits my schedule for the interim.

I'm just posting a driver side of view.

I do practice safety for my self preservation. Like 3 points of contact when entering/ exiting a vehicle.

The wheel bearings of my hand truck is shot for the 3rd time in the past 2 years, but that's better than having a slipped disc

I don't want a knee, hip, or hernia surgery down the road & ending up with this rural route can extend my longevity.

The ground contractor, on the other hand, hates the area. Too much cost when I see up to 3 of them servicing this zipcode, while only a single HD driver is working with it.

Carry on y'all:peaceful:
Fits your schedule? Lol
You've posted that you routinely finish after 1900 or 2000 most days. Lol

OrioN

Fits your schedule? Lol
You've posted that you routinely finish after 1900 or 2000 most days. Lol

Yup, I come in late in the morning some days... 0930-1000 due to other priorities during the school year

If I roll in early at 0730, like on a Saturday, then I can get done by at least 1600

That's why I'm not going to sign up with airmail Corp. u have time commits, where HD is just date certain.

MAKAVELI

Yup, I come in late in the morning some days... 0930-1000 due to other priorities during the school year

If I roll in early at 0730, like on a Saturday, then I can get done by at least 1600

That's why I'm not going to sign up with airmail Corp. u have time commits, where HD is just date certain.
There's this thing called a school bus........