Reattempting a delivery...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Since we are discussing re-attempts and misloads........what is everyone doing with their misloads? Are you delivering out of area or are you getting them to the right driver? Some of us are being told that we have to deliver our misloads while others (special) are allowed to hand off to the right driver?
Hope I didn't hi-jack!!!!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
..what is everyone doing with their misloads?

It depends on the situation. Sometimes I run them and sometimes I have to meet another driver. This morning a Preload Supe had to bring a Left in Building out to me. And sometimes my OnCar/Shuttle Driver will come and get it off me if it is too far away. We don't have an AM Air Driver that can do this stuff.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
While yes you are recording your time correctly, thats not the way they want it done HERE. I also thought you really should show how your time is being used....but forenot. If you duplicate 5 stops, that means they can give you five more tomorrow, til you have no time in the day to reattempt.
gotcha ! I forgot to mention I only re deliver if I have the time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

........what is everyone doing with their misloads? Are you delivering out of area or are you getting them to the right driver?

Both. My delivery route has pickup stops that belong to another driver so any misloads, moved or any other pkgs for his area I leave at his P/U stops for him to P/U and deliver. Misloads that I have that are close to my area I run off if possible. Bad PALs or misloads that are too far for me to run off I leave at our MBE store and ODS the center to have them P/U, which is what they want me to do. If I have any questions I simply call the center for direction.

The loader for my pkg car also loads 2 other cars, both of which deliver to a town about 1 hour away from my area. This, of course, is where most of the misloads come from and these are the pkgs that I end up leaving at MBE for the center to deal with.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Thursday I had a package for McDonalds, my first pass by was during the noon rush (no way was I gonna even try), the second was around 4ish pm. There were like 6 people working behind the counter, drive up window and kitchen area. Three customers inline. I moved to the end of the counter, set the small box on the counter and waited and waited and waited as more customers came in and were served without them even acknowledging my presence. 10 minutes pass by, still no one offered to sign, no one even said " be right with you" or "kiss my foot", I took the package and left: No signer available went into my svc cross.

You were generous. I drive saturdays and encountered that same waiting game in our local Target store...but was quickly set straight by my best friend who has been driving full time for 13 years...5 minute max..if that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Unfortunately, many cover drivers do not worry as much about getting the packages to the consignees. I think we have all come back from a day off to find some suspicious NI1 boxes in back. Maybe all this new technology will address that, but likely not. But I agree with Upstate; do what you can to get rid of the package and you won't have to worry about going back again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have several cover drivers who have the reputation of blowing off stops, whether by NI1, NSN, NSS, or any of the other available choices. The problem(s) with doing this is customers are using our tracking more and more often and we are not able to "hide" things the way that we used to in the old days and they tend to tick off the regular driver when they do this, especially on so-called "chasers", which are pkgs for people who live in the middle of nowhere. I had one of these NI1 pkgs on my car and the consignee asked me about it, saying that they were home all day blah blah blah. We went inside and tracked it and I then gave them the center phone number and went back to work. I have no problem sticking up for someone who is doing their job but will not go to bat for someone who makes my job that much more difficult through their laziness.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
we use EDD. If I go to a stop and its closed I sheet it up as closed then and there. If i go back later, for whatever reason then I sheet it up again. The fact is it is two stops. INTEGRITY, people , You put everything in the board that you do in your workday. If I make two attempts on a package then i get two stops. Another example of this is delivering to condos or apptmts, if the resident isnt home then NI1 scan info note stop complete. then i rescan it , deliver, left at , manager ,signature, enter. thats double credit also. No one has ever told me different and I`m not cheating or looking for a quick extra stop Im recording what im doing , when i`m doing it

Thats what I did until I was directed to use the DUP key.I still think I should get credit for another attempt but I work as instructed.So I believe my INTEGRITY is still intact.

NedFlanders

ok, so i tried out the "dup" feature on my last re-attempt. I pressed dup in the room field and completed the stop. It still showed up as another stop when i went into "edit" and in the summary. I dont know if i did it right or not.

Same thing if i find a package in the truck for a stop i just delivered to. I hit the "dup" in the room field when i went to deliver it. still showed up as another stop also.
Not sure if im doing it right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The way to see whether you are actually getting credit for an additional stop is to go to the delivery screen (not EDD) and then go to edit. It will list all of the stops in numerical order. You should see 2 consecutive stops with the same stop number. If that is the case then you are indeed doing it right; if not, you are most likely not entering the duplicate key in the correct field or you are but it is not registering correctly.