Received 1 disability check in 5 weeks.

10 point

One of our ft drivers had hernia surgery and is still waiting on disability payments.

He finally received 1 check and is back to waiting again.

He called the TeamCare folks that handle the payments (several times) and they finally told him that there are only 9 people in that dept and when the influx of UPS employees finally happened they now have 2000 claims to process with 9 employees on staff.

Anyone else having this problem?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I was fortunate in that I got my checks in a timely fashion. Memorial Day week it was a couple days late but for the most part I got them every Thursday.

10 point

We're not used to this. I hope it's just a temporary, short term issue.

We're not trying to see the issue as all bad but it better not continue this way.

One of our ft drivers had hernia surgery and is still waiting on disability payments.

He finally received 1 check and is back to waiting again.

He called the TeamCare folks that handle the payments (several times) and they finally told him that there are only 9 people in that dept and when the influx of UPS employees finally happened they now have 2000 claims to process with 9 employees on staff.

Anyone else having this problem?
In my barrio I tell my guys to file for unemployment plus their disability. Neither cares if you collect either.

I had no idea that was even legal.

Sent using a Potato
It is in my state. If you think about it what if your boss broke his leg of had a hernia. He could still work. If you are an hourly you are on disability or laid off as far as unemployment is conferences. It's not your fault or unemployment a fault that ups doesn't have work for you.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was under the impression that STD ( short term disability) was handled by the Union for that time period, 6 months. After that LTD (long term disability) was handled by an outside insurer in my case Aetna...you can remain on Ltd indefinately, however after the 12 months on LTD, you lose your Teamster Healthcare coverage, and have to take a plan from a different carrier or go on COBRA, or if you can retire