Received 1 disability check in 5 weeks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
In my barrio I tell my guys to file for unemployment plus their disability. Neither cares if you collect either.
Didn't know that. Thx for the info.
I had no idea that was even legal.

Yes, you file for disability and collect that. Then you go back to UPS and say, "hey, I can work but I have these restrictions." Then UPS tells you they have no work for you with those restrictions and to come back when your up to par. So then you file for unemployment. Nothing illegal about it since they are technically laying you off until you can physically performa again.

Yes, you file for disability and collect that. Then you go back to UPS and say, "hey, I can work but I have these restrictions." Then UPS tells you they have no work for you with those restrictions and to come back when your up to par. So then you file for unemployment. Nothing illegal about it since they are technically laying you off until you can physically performa again.
Yep you are laid off due to lack of work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do know that you can collect comp and supplemental health insurance payments at the same time but did not realize that you could collect non-reduced disability and unemployment. Something about that just doesn't sound right to me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I do know that you can collect comp and supplemental health insurance payments at the same time but did not realize that you could collect non-reduced disability and unemployment. Something about that just doesn't sound right to me.

But all the perfectly able bodies that get free government checks for years on end instead of going to work is probably just fine, right?! *tongueincheek*

UPSGUY72

That good my local has been running my non team care health insurance for ever. When I went out for ear Operation I got my disability check less than a week after I turned in the paper work. they even mailed it to me UPS.