Record profits and Carol's CNN interview.

Steamer

UPS CEO Carol Tome tried to downplay the strike threat when asked about it during a call with analysts Tuesday.

“The Teamsters have been part of the UPS family for more than 100 years. So over 10 decades, we’ve negotiated many, many contracts. This is not our first rodeo,” she said. She insisted the company will be be to find a common ground in negotiations that will be a win for the company, its employees and its customers.

“We’re not far apart,” she said. “We’re going to do the right thing for our people.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/31/investing/ups-earnings/index.html

7nqly7.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS CEO Carol Tome tried to downplay the strike threat when asked about it during a call with analysts Tuesday.

“The Teamsters have been part of the UPS family for more than 100 years. So over 10 decades, we’ve negotiated many, many contracts. This is not our first rodeo,” she said. She insisted the company will be be to find a common ground in negotiations that will be a win for the company, its employees and its customers.

“We’re not far apart,” she said. “We’re going to do the right thing for our people.”

View attachment 431032
I can’t stand that :censored2:.

FozziesDeliveries

So if/when we strike and the stock tanks and the shareholders see she has been lieing to them... that means she is gone after this right? I don't see her being around long this will come back and bite her.

Cowboy Mac

View attachment 431032
If we’re not that far apart then it shouldn’t be hard for them to give us what we’re asking for.

trickpony1

What did you actually think she was gonna say?
Yeah, we're gonna screw'em good.....gonna put'em on the street;
Gonna hire a bunch of immigrants to replace'em at half the cost.

Really?

Zowert

What did you actually think she was gonna say?
Yeah, we're gonna screw'em good.....gonna put'em on the street;
Gonna hire a bunch of immigrants to replace'em at half the cost.

Really?
Honestly I’d respect her if she just came out and said the truth. “It’s in my best interest to protect our shareholders. I’m going to do whatever I can to keep people invested in UPS.” Something simple like that instead of lying. There’s no way she is thinking about us during negotiations, that’s not how it works when you’re the Chief Executive Officer of a Fortune 500 company.

oldngray

nowhere special
Honestly I’d respect her if she just came out and said the truth. “It’s in my best interest to protect our shareholders. I’m going to do whatever I can to keep people invested in UPS.” Something simple like that instead of lying. There’s no way she is thinking about us during negotiations, that’s not how it works when you’re the Chief Executive Officer of a Fortune 500 company.
She collects her money then gets to bail on her Golden Parachute. She had no history at UPS and certainly doesn't care about its future.