Record profits and Carol's CNN interview.

True enough, however you don’t tell the company that. Just need to be willing to. Are you?
3ov9k6CtgRSUnSC1Mc.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The record profits are so last year. How about we highlight profits down 20% YOY?

How about highlight the fact that every four years since 2009 profits magically go down for the first two quarters but gain steadily for every other quarter? Could be manipulative stock mangement by a company negotiating a contract every fifth year?? C’mon man, go suck a dick with this.

How about highlight the fact that every four years since 2009 profits magically go down for the first two quarters but gain steadily for every other quarter? Could be manipulative stock mangement by a company negotiating a contract every fifth year?? C’mon man, go suck a dick with this.
But somehow they managed to raise the dividend by 60% in the past year and are paying out over 5.4 billion dollars a year in dividends

Fenris

So you are saying the first half of the year has less profit than the second half, which includes peak? Shocker.

Look at Q1 v. the previous year, Q2 vs. the previous year, etc. You'll see profits follow economic trends. Right now profit for Q4 2022 V. Q4 2021 and Q1 2023 v. Q1 2022 are down. UPS is not on a path for record profits. And it is due to COVID driven market changes being reversed and due to Biden's lack of economic understanding, not UPS manipulation.

I wont sink to your low level in retort.

MyTripisCut

So you are saying the first half of the year has less profit than the second half, which includes peak? Shocker.

Look at Q1 v. the previous year, Q2 vs. the previous year, etc. You'll see profits follow economic trends. Right now profit for Q4 2022 V. Q4 2021 and Q1 2023 v. Q1 2022 are down. UPS is not on a path for record profits. And it is due to COVID driven market changes being reversed and due to Biden's lack of economic understanding, not UPS manipulation.

Look at the graphs in the article. It’s a picture, to help you understand.

Suck it.

MyTripisCut

Let me add to this by saying that “record” profits won’t be achieved again due to almost all of Carols cuts only being effective in changing a quarterly profit margin and none of them being a viable long term solution to sustainable profitability. She’s running out of things to cut, just a heads up, management is next as soon as the contract gets ratified. Sorry brah.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let me add to this by saying that “record” profits won’t be achieved again due to almost all of Carols cuts only being effective in changing a quarterly profit margin and none of them being a viable long term solution to sustainable profitability. She’s running out of things to cut, just a heads up, management is next as soon as the contract gets ratified. Sorry brah.
Is that what happen to the “IE Boggyman”????

Fenris

Look at the graphs in the article. It’s a picture, to help you understand.

Suck it.
I did, with the important one being operating income. And for your next response, management is already being reduced prior to a potential contract due, nothing new there.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Profits obviously reflect the net income correct? Do shareholders have access to profit and loss statements? How much was spent on new package cars year to year, new RFID equipment, new (awesome) safari hats with vents...
I'm curious. We saw more new package cars at our center in the last year than previous few combined.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 431140
UPS CEO Carol Tome tried to downplay the strike threat when asked about it during a call with analysts Tuesday.

“The Teamsters have been part of the UPS family for more than 100 years. So over 10 decades, we’ve negotiated many, many contracts. This is not our first rodeo,” she said. She insisted the company will be be to find a common ground in negotiations that will be a win for the company, its employees and its customers.

“We’re not far apart,” she said. “We’re going to do the right thing for our people.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/31/investing/ups-earnings/index.html

View attachment 431032

Profits obviously reflect the net income correct? Do shareholders have access to profit and loss statements? How much was spent on new package cars year to year, new RFID equipment, new (awesome) safari hats with vents...
I'm curious. We saw more new package cars at our center in the last year than previous few combined.
Capital expenditures*

This should have its own line on the P&L report.