record profits

DS

Fenderbender
Using your own numbers of 8 drivers getting 20 more stops means the two routes they cut had 160 total delv stops. Or, 80 Stops each. Which means the remaining cars are doing about 100 delv stops a day. I think a lot of drivers from the states would take that deal.
Maybe, but 85 del stops gives me a 9hr day with my 35 p/u,and it takes 10 1/2 to do it.
Give me 15 more and its 11 1/2.

Profits are up double didget again. Will we ever be given the proper dues as to why we record record profits year after year. More stops less time to due them and harassment morning noon and night. Anyone could produce these numbers if they managed like our great leadership. When 2013 comes let us share in these record profits

Damm it makes me feel good I work for a money making machine and my check cashes every Friday and I can live the dream.

browned out

I'll admit, the profit does sound large, but as another poster wrote, it's not a record. Also, we still only make slightly more then $.11 on each dollar of income. That is better then we've done for a few years. But that isn't all that much, compared to other companies. The majority of the cost for UPS is in paying for fuel, driver salary, benefits. Our driver income is way way higher then FDX ground (or air). The UPS drivers make industry leading pay, with industry leading benefits. In the last 15 years or so, UPS has cut about 50 domestic districts, about 6 domestic regions, Consolidated many divisions and Pkg ctrs. While at same time mgmt is paying a good portion of the health plan and we are no longer industry leading in pay structure. If UPS didn't force production, we would quickly start losing money. Just think, if we add 1 route for every 10 out there, and kept the driver paid day similar (less spc, less sporh). That 11% profit would almost completely disappear.

The UPS driver makes less money per stop than any fedex drivers. We have the highest margins and our profit and stops have gone up and payed day is down. try to read

raymarang

Sounds like there is a supervisor in the making. We break our backs everyday and for what? So that some CEOs (who have probably never delivered a package in their lives) can elect to give themselves bonuses that are 5 to 9 times their anual salary? where is the justice? If they ran the company into the ground tomorrow, they would all get big bonuses as they shut the doors and we would get nothing. Think about that.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I received a delivery at 7:35 pm last night. Cover driver who has never run route before. He still had 15 stops and miles to go. He drove back by my house(on the way back to the building that is 30 miles away) @ 8:45 pm. He still had not taken lunch. I know he did, as he is a stickler for that. So, basically, he clocked out at about 10 pm, not counting for bathroom, gas up, turn ins, ect. They are doing to us in the states exactly what they are doing in Canada, and possibly, the U.K.