Reduced Stop Counts

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
As in less stops per car because more drivers are being put on the road?

They’re trying to change the planned dispatch to 8.6 hours in many areas. They announced it at my building yesterday.

Same at my center. Not a driver, but the trucks have been lighter, and that's what I was told.

I give it till October 15th before it is back to normal. That's when we lose a couple new clowns who have no business driving. Hard to be light when you're understaffed!

barnyard

KTM rider
They’re trying to change the planned dispatch to 8.6 hours in many areas. They announced it at my building yesterday.

That was our PCM yesterday. I have been going out with 8.5 dispatches for the last 2 weeks. It will all end on November 1. Whatever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

bumped

That was our PCM yesterday. I have been going out with 8.5 dispatches for the last 2 weeks. It will all end on November 1. Whatever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I wouldn't mind if the work started getting heavier from November 1st to Christmas. Its the nature of the job, but don't bury us the rest of the year. Its just like tax accountants. They know February 1st to April 1st. they will be buried, but manageable the rest of the year.

JL 0513

They started this in my local too. I thought it was a joke when announced. I wasn't sure if it was a national thing. I see no reason for them to do this for long if their math said not to do it for the last 15 years. It must be because of contract voting.