Reduced Stop Counts

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Um I think you may have this wrong...

UPS can make 25% of the total of current RPCD numbers right now. So if you have a 100 RPCDs then UPS can add 25 22.4s jobs.

After they reach that number then they have to create 3 RPCD positions for every 1 22.4
And remember....they can hire more if needed and the union agrees and considering the recent developments I’d totally expect the union to agree.

JL 0513

UPS can make 25% of the total of current RPCD numbers right now. So if you have a 100 RPCDs then UPS can add 25 22.4s jobs.

After they reach that number then they have to create 3 RPCD positions for every 1 22.4

Perhaps you're right. While reading the language, I only saw the ratio requirement stated and nothing stating that 25% of drivers could immediately be 22.4's.

No wonder they're cutting most OT. The plan being that all this cheaper labor can be brought right away in to take our work. Fantastic.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

I believe the contract stated that by Oct 28th. the union and company have to have agreed to the number of protected jobs and the number of actual drivers in order to determine how many second class drivers....er I mean 22.4's are allowed in each building.

542thruNthru

I believe the contract stated that by Oct 28th. the union and company have to have agreed to the number of protected jobs and the number of actual drivers in order to determine how many second class drivers....er I mean 22.4's are allowed in each building.

To be honest I just meant that they didn't have to do the 3-1 just yet.

The count was done on Aug 1st 2018. They have till Oct 2018 to dispute it.
Screenshot_20181011-173807.png

Either way I'm sure Hoffa will say that at least 50% were not done in 9.5 hours so 2/3 of those jobs are now forfeit or some BS like that. :)

WTFm8

Supposedly they are or will be doing it in my center as well and this came from the higher ups and they want everyone under 9.5. I just don’t see it happening.

Everybody but covers here.

They’re all on the road and no spare trucks at building. RPCD are doing 9-10hr days and the covers are all stuck with 11-13hr days cause of 190-225 residential split routes.

Iblis

In our Center dispatch has been pulled down greatly the last 2 weeks, has this happened in anyone else's center, and why do you think it has
Yep because upper management is getting ready for the combo positions and have finally realized it'll save them money by not working everyone with overtime. Which is funny because half of the drivers in my building have been complaining for years to higheror and lower the count. Now some of them are complaining that they're not working overtime. Like wtf why you wanna work so much. If you want more hours you can request it. But then you can't grieve 9.5 or maybe those guys that are just trying to make money off grievances. You aren't helped us as a whole.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We lost Amazon
More like amazon lost us.....both UPS and FedEx have made strategic moves in regards to amazon that lesson the overall exposure to their business. Margins are low with them and we now see that the USPS is discovering that for themselves.