Reduced Stop Counts

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Gonna suck for the guys who live their lives based on OT. I live in an expensive area out west but I never lived my life counting on 50-55 hrs every week so I’m fine with 8.5 to 9.5 hrs a day.
It’s actually an 8.2 hour target, routes are going out with less than 8 hour days. We have a 8:50 start so 9.5 is 7:20, problem is that my building is a parking lot by 6:30. Buddy of mine said it best....”everyone sounds tough week 1 & 2 but come week 4, 5, and 6 of only taking home $1100 when you’ve been routinely taking home $1600 a week that’s when the real concern sets in”.

It’s actually an 8.2 hour target, routes are going out with less than 8 hour days. We have a 8:50 start so 9.5 is 7:20, problem is that my building is a parking lot by 6:30. Buddy of mine said it best....”everyone sounds tough week 1 & 2 but come week 4, 5, and 6 of only taking home $1100 when you’ve been routinely taking home $1600 a week that’s when the real concern sets in”.
So you are hiring again. At least no more layoffs? Wish we had enough cars to work 8.2 hours.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So you are hiring again. At least no more layoffs? Wish we had enough cars to work 8.2 hours.
In my 23 years I’ve never seen this number of new hires. I’ve asked the union reps if these guys will all become 22.4’s when the contract is ratified but no one could say with certainty.

In my 23 years I’ve never seen this number of new hires. I’ve asked the union reps if these guys will all become 22.4’s when the contract is ratified but no one could say with certainty.
Do you have Saturday ground delivery?

purehavanne

The plan of UPS is to hire as many as possible for the Christmas rush. Those probably add to our numbers so that the 25% of 22.4 is coming from a bigger pool. After Christmas they all get released and part timers move in to 22.4 roles.
The new contract says we’ll all be on the 9.5 list within 18 months but why wait? I have barely seen overtime in the last 2 weeks.

Overtime is over guys. Many aren’t ready to race that reality.

The plan of UPS is to hire as many as possible for the Christmas rush. Those probably add to our numbers so that the 25% of 22.4 is coming from a bigger pool. After Christmas they all get released and part timers move in to 22.4 roles.
The new contract says we’ll all be on the 9.5 list within 18 months but why wait? I have barely seen overtime in the last 2 weeks.

Overtime is over guys. Many aren’t ready to race that reality.
I think the 9.5 list starts in January. The 18 months is to get current drivers from working Saturday.

JL 0513

Only 25% can be 22.4

Plus it seems some people think UPS can go and hire a bunch of 22.4's right away. No, UPS has to hire drivers at a 3:1 ratio. So 3 RPCD's must be put on for every one hybrid. This means it will take many years for any center to get to 25% 22.4.

542thruNthru

Plus it seems some people think UPS can go and hire a bunch of 22.4's right away. No, UPS has to hire drivers at a 3:1 ratio. So 3 RPCD's must be put on for every one hybrid. This means it will take many years for any center to get to 25% 22.4.

Um I think you may have this wrong...

UPS can make 25% of the total of current RPCD numbers right now. So if you have a 100 RPCDs then UPS can add 25 22.4s jobs.

After they reach that number then they have to create 3 RPCD positions for every 1 22.4