Reducing our hours now to make us unprepared strike later.

rod

Retired 22 years
At one time there was a concept called “Living within your means” . We have way too many members that have set their standards relying on a 50 or 60 hour paycheck.

I rely totally on a 40 hour workweek, refuse any overtime. Been there and done with it, all this excessive OT has a price and will eventually takes it’s toll on your health and family. Choose your poison.

Remember everyone that this is a marathon not a sprint. Every pension and health benefit plan calculates attrition, the Company has already figured out just how many of us will be crossing that retirement finish line.

So go on and work that 60 hour workweek and just ignore the chances of permanent disability or troubles at home. Sell that big truck get rid of that boat or Harley and start sleeping well at night again... don’t end up like one of them.. the ones who brag about clearing 120,000 as they slowly start to limp to work. :wheelchai
I agree with everything except “sell the Harley”. The Harley is the greatest stress reliever ever invented.

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree with everything except “sell the Harley”. The Harley is the greatest stress reliever ever invented.
zen.jpg

Brownwind

Management is kissing their asses. The ones that pick up their loads at the center are getting hats, tape guns and Dunkin Donuts courtesy of our center manager. They're all driving enormous SUVs- two of them have 2002 Ford Excursions- and are workaholics. Mine calls me when he's done to ask if he can take more stops off. Management literally doesn't care and neither do the stewards...
They should make them work preload for a few days a week where they can be useful. Taking forty of my easy house calls doesn’t seem to productive. I can do it in a few hours what takes them six. A PVD only gets
gravy stuff and most have horrible driving and delivery methods. Remember our last name is service.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
you're making this more complicated than it is. they're reducing our hours just to pay us less. that alone is all the reason they need. that doing so gives us less to save for a strike is just gravy to them.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I noticed that hardly anyone in our center is getting the overtime they used to, and that management is pushing people to code 5. Sorry for putting on my tin foil hat, but I think they're intentionally trying to hinder our ability to save so that we'll be more tempted to cross the line in August. Also we have about thrice as many on-roads as we did this time last year. Thoughts?
#MeToo

They have been letting people at my center take full weeks off for the last month and a half. I contemplated this same notion.