Ref Temp to FT vs PT to FT

Apva2

It seems as tho there is a major difference in pay between these two options.

Drivers I have spoken to who were reg temp hires last summer at 24.75 stayed at that rate when hired full time in January.

However, I was hired as a seasonal at 18.75, went PT in January while waiting for a full time position and have now won a bid that offers an 18.75 starting rate.

Should I take this position or wait until summer to go reg temp at the higher rate?

Based on the union rate increases it would take 3 years to get back to 24 an hour.

km3

It seems as tho there is a major difference in pay between these two options.

Drivers I have spoken to who were reg temp hires last summer at 24.75 stayed at that rate when hired full time in January.

However, I was hired as a seasonal at 18.75, went PT in January while waiting for a full time position and have now won a bid that offers an 18.75 starting rate.

Should I take this position or wait until summer to go reg temp at the higher rate?

Based on the union rate increases it would take 3 years to get back to 24 an hour.

If driving for UPS is something you want, take the job now. They may not need any new FT drivers come summer. Don't gamble if this is a career path you want.

Box Ox

No guarantee you'll get your 30 days in over the summer. And you might get a speeding ticket or something over the next year or two and find yourself going full time under the next contract with a 6 year progression, etc.