Refusing to work

anHOURover

Just because it's not enumerated in your supplement....

Doesn't mean it's not a "just cause" situation.

Refusing a (reasonable) work instruction is just cause.

There are numerous arbitration cases that uphold it. (not just UPS)

"Work now and grieve later."

-Bug-
Is this all you do all day is "COPY AND PASTE"
Bug your days are numbered
FACT

We have guys that - if they don't call out Friday, they'll call out Monday - we are frequently missing preload, splitters, everything down to third belt.

It boggles my mind...! I've done 3 years seasonal and I'm just now 3 months in. I call every day at 2am and 4pm to see if they need help. They always do, so I may as well just go in.

I can snag 5 hours and another 6 hours if both shifts need me, but then get yelled at by my manager for working, because my sups should've chosen someone with seniority. None of them even wanna do it.

But what really grinds my gears is managers don't give a bleep. I can build a trailer, tear one down, do air by myself and scan it before half these idiots are done scratching their heads or dropping a deuce for 30 minutes when work gets too hard.

I know I've got a lot to learn, but I've pretty much done everything but drive the cars, trucks and trailers. I honestly don't know what more these people want out of me. It makes my head spin.

I'm not even on any shift schedules. I fill in for almost any position except surepost. Then I see these kids (well early mid 20s whatever) come in high and sh:t, skip days like work don't matter.. I never seen a bigger group of sissies in my life.. and here I am grinding my digs in the dirt, and these snub nose idiots get away with murder but sups apparently don't care I've been there every morning and every evening they've needed me.

Welcome to UPS?

542thruNthru

We have guys that - if they don't call out Friday, they'll call out Monday - we are frequently missing preload, splitters, everything down to third belt.

It boggles my mind...! I've done 3 years seasonal and I'm just now 3 months in. I call every day at 2am and 4pm to see if they need help. They always do, so I may as well just go in.

I can snag 5 hours and another 6 hours if both shifts need me, but then get yelled at by my manager for working, because my sups should've chosen someone with seniority. None of them even wanna do it.

But what really grinds my gears is managers don't give a bleep. I can build a trailer, tear one down, do air by myself and scan it before half these idiots are done scratching their heads or dropping a deuce for 30 minutes when work gets too hard.

I know I've got a lot to learn, but I've pretty much done everything but drive the cars, trucks and trailers. I honestly don't know what more these people want out of me. It makes my head spin.

I'm not even on any shift schedules. I fill in for almost any position except surepost. Then I see these kids (well early mid 20s whatever) come in high and sh:t, skip days like work don't matter.. I never seen a bigger group of sissies in my life.. and here I am grinding my digs in the dirt, and these snub nose idiots get away with murder but sups apparently don't care I've been there every morning and every evening they've needed me.

Welcome to UPS?

Maybe instead of crying about it on here you should be happy they are lazy. That's the only reason you are working.

Keep up the hard work Mr. Digs Grinder. :)

Oh I'm not complaining haha just stating how bad our part timers are. I love my work and I love my pay, but it baffles me they even schedule people who are known to not show up on Friday or Monday. We had so many callouts today that drivers had to help preload.

Edit to add: 13k pcs with a 2:45am start time shouldn't take until 9am with drivers helping the last 45 minutes of it.. no idea why people who have work don't work it's never made sense to me and I see it as both a flaw and a weakness.

Last edited: