Relationships at work???

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I think I just opened a proverbial can of worms by spilling my guts out on this situation.
My bad...just trying to defeat boredom and vent.

Y'all make it sound like work relationships are so terrible

Actually they can be quite dicey to say the least. Here's something that happened to me some years ago. I was a temp worker at a bakery in 2002 and there was this girl who took an interest in me. I didn't have any interest in her however. I had to work with her periodically to help sort the bread. The guys at the bakery noticed her interest in me and the rumors started to fly even though I did not reciprocate. She even gave me a lift to the nearest bus stop after work although she was wanting to take me all the way home. I lived a good ways from the bakery while she lived nearby. I didn't want her to go out of her way and said to the nearest bus stop is fine. One day she ran out of gas and I walked to the nearest gas station to get some for her. I later had mentioned it to a guy she did not like and he gave her a hard time about running out of gas. Things went to hell after that. I refused to work with her because she was so mad at me for telling this guy about her running out of gas. I just steered clear of her. I was let go that day. No biggie really as I was going to ask the temp service to transfer me to the bakery's other facility. That's pretty much what the temp service did after I was let go. They put me in the other facility. So watch yourself with work place romances. They can get real ugly quick.

arice11

saw her today...she came into the assignment room and stood right by me for...well it seemed an eternity...have wanted nothing more then to be close to her but the cold wind swept tundra between us is vast.
Need to find that turn off switch to my heart already and just work.

PT Car Washer

saw her today...she came into the assignment room and stood right by me for...well it seemed an eternity...have wanted nothing more then to be close to her but the cold wind swept tundra between us is vast.
Man you could write for a soap opera.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Penthouse Forum, in Bizarro World.
Get a grip

UPSGUY72

I may just be bored. But since there are UPS folk here, no reason I can't be straight with y'all.
6 Months back, we got a change in leadership, the warehouse supervisor took over for the part-time manager.
Part of my SUPS new crew included a beautiful young driver.
Within a week we had taken interest, briefly, but rumors and such began to stir and she became very cross with me.
At one point we were texting, sharing pics, talking, hanging out during break, exchanging little gifts. At one point we made a date to Dairy Queen.
I really like this woman, shes a strong worker, but she is also very close to the new boss.
My boss use to baby-sit because he was her mother's sup...
I thought I was being played, spied on...dug up and uncovered so the boss could find out who I was.
Needless to say we stopped talking, but I tried to get in her good graces and gave her a birthday present (after dressing like a driver and infiltrating their ranks)
She said thank you, but would refuse any other offer at contact. I am now feeling so helpless. She is known to be a grievance filer, so that stayed my hand mostly.

Since when did work-relationships become so debilitating to ones psyche? Hahahaha, a rhetorical question....

Am I just bad with women?

Move on there plenty fish in the sea.

Also some people don't :censored2: where they eat.

browner89

Do yourself a favor and move on before she sees the :censored2: you post and files for a restraining order, this is getting sad.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Don't crap where you eat.
Don't fish off the company pier.
Don't get your pusillanimous where you get your paycheck.
Period.
Couldn't agree more with Johney Post. I'm sure there are more similar quotes you could follow. There is a reason why there are so many. Because they are true! Affairs after work, before work, at home, wherever, but not at work! Always protect your livelihood!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
actually meant that women seem to like the uniform look.
if it worked for Ohio dude, it might work for me...but...

I don't really care if she finds out, we are not on speaking terms anyway.

I know its stupid to date co-workers, one hardly gets to choose where they find their crushes...right?

I don't think I would stalk women on-route, lol, you drivers are freaks
Hey man I didn't stalk her, she came after me! It was a long time ago though.

arice11

Y'all are absolutely right
But I don't see how having a little crush warrants a restraining order.
Haven't used a name or anything, and we already stay far away and never speak.

browner89

Y'all are absolutely right
But I don't see how having a little crush warrants a restraining order.
Haven't used a name or anything, and we already stay far away and never speak.

You snooped around and found out her sex life, you talk about how you basically get a hard on just standing next to her and want nothing more than to be close to her, you want to be a driver to meet women on your route, its just creepy.

The only reason you're never near her is because it sounds like she realizes you're a weirdo and stays away. Maybe you'd have had a shot if you didn't have the same mentality as McLovin'.

arice11

Not true browner89.
She tends to broadcast herself on FB and that's how I found out about most things.
I didn't say I get a hard on, lol, y'all are twisting my words.
I like her, and for awhile she was interested in me...at this point I just don't want to be on her bad side anymore.
I never said I wanted to meet women on a route, I just like how some girls swoon over the uniform and good job.
geez, I posted this just to vent and get some advice,
would that I could delete this thread....don't know how yet

I did like that quip about the McLovin mentality though, hahaha