Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridays

I'm sure that's comforting to the children who are suffering everyday.
You should send thise words to the parents of the Children in Uvalde.

At any rate ,the fact remains he does nothing to ease the suffering of the most innocent: The Children
In your small mind that is what I expect.
These children you speak of, the suffering that have passed are in His presence.
I'm typing to a dumas, who exactly is in a better state?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yes, your religion is crazy.
309388428_5389467731089560_5458684144145465470_n.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

vantexan

Speaking for myself, and I know the question wasn't directed to me, it's not offensive to me, my only question is what is the point, what is the end of living a religious life?
You first have to ask yourself if once believing Jesus is the Son of God you are in a saved state no matter what you do going forward, then what is the point of trying to live a religious life? I'd have to look up the verse but the Apostle Paul said that he buffeted his body and brought it under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. He also discussed being saved by grace. Asked if after having been saved by grace should we therefore sin that grace may abound? No, he said, we shouldn't. Being religious isn't about lording it in someone's face that you're better than them. It's about doing what you believe the Bible tells us to do that's right and necessary to be pleasing to God. And that gets under the skin of those who hate religion for whatever reason and want to attack us for our faith. As I've mentioned before, it's not enough for them to not believe. They hate those who do.

floridays

Mohammed referred to Jesus as the Most Blameless of all Prophets
To the Jews he is nobody
The Catholics view him as the Son of Mary, the most exalted of All Saints
View attachment 403272
Seems like a whole lotta people have a great chance of dying in their sins.
You told me nothing I didn't already know and you didn't get a rise from me. Imagine that.

vantexan

You aren;t stupid. Surely I dont have to point out to you that while your lot goes on and that your God Knows all,Created all,and can do All you have no answers as to why he instead sits idly by while children are mudered,raped, and abused daily and does nothing to stop it.
She is saying if she had these Powers you attribute to your God she would STOP these acts.
Well aware. We're told that miracles would cease. We're told we walk by faith and not by sight. In other words the days of the miraculous are over with and we have to take it on faith that Jesus and his Apostles performed miracles. We have to take it on faith that Jesus is the Son of God. You can choose to not believe. You are a free moral agent who can accept or reject. We believe our soul's salvation is the greatest gift God has given us if we believe and do his will. And rejecting him will cause you to lose your soul. But that's your prerogative.

floridays

You first have to ask yourself if once believing Jesus is the Son of God you are in a saved state no matter what you do going forward, then what is the point of trying to live a religious life? I'd have to look up the verse but the Apostle Paul said that he buffeted his body and brought it under subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. He also discussed being saved by grace. Asked if after having been saved by grace should we therefore sin that grace may abound? No, he said, we shouldn't. Being religious isn't about lording it in someone's face that you're better than them. It's about doing what you believe the Bible tells us to do that's right and necessary to be pleasing to God. And that gets under the skin of those who hate religion for whatever reason and want to attack us for our faith. As I've mentioned before, it's not enough for them to not believe. They hate those who do.
You make some excellent points, and you make one a assumption that is incorrect, in effect it makes your excellent points ineffectual in light of salvation.
Just my opinion, which I believe can be supported by scripture.

The saying once saved always saved is absolutely true, the question remains was one truly saved.
That is just food for thought, not to the point you tried to make. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.