Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Today’s secularists have their own forms of hedonism, self-worship and idolatry. Spirituality is framed by puerile questions: How is it with me? Am I in touch with myself? Have I achieved happiness and inner peace? Have I, along with my life coach, ensured that I have reached my full career potential? Am I still young-looking? What does my therapist say? It is a culture based on self-absorption, a vain quest for eternal youth, and narcissism.

Corpses of Souls

bbsam

Staff member
Ya missed it buddy, he didn't surrender his life for injustice, he surrendered it for my Sin and Your's. Make it political if you have to, but you'll miss the mark.
You don’t believe Jesus’life and ministry had anything to do with social justice?

New version of JCS on NBC right now.

rickyb

Ya missed it buddy, he didn't surrender his life for injustice, he surrendered it for my Sin and Your's. Make it political if you have to, but you'll miss the mark.
no, youre missing the mark.

jesus is like MLK and malcolm x or even luke skywalker which means you speak out and act out for freedom and justice and eventually they will kill you for it. you fight for a cause bigger than yourself.

floridays

You don’t believe Jesus’life and ministry had anything to do with social justice?

New version of JCS on NBC right now.
Not in the least. Nothing at all to do with social justice, period. Anyone that tries to make the claim or piggyback their desires misses the mission of the Lord. Jesus The Christ came for one and only one reason, to drink the cup of mankinds sin and take it to the cross, where God the father brutally allowed the consequences of the cup to be laid upon his Son. It's simple, it is easy to see, Jesus took the wrath of God in my place, singularly. He did the same for whosoever will come, singularly. That's the Gospel, it's the good news. Just the truth sam.

floridays

no, youre missing the mark.

jesus is like MLK and malcolm x or even luke skywalker which means you speak out and act out for freedom and justice and eventually they will kill you for it. you fight for a cause bigger than yourself.
So who will be the Sin bearer, who will satisfy Gods need for payment?
God offered his Son as the bearer and the only one able to meet the payment. It was for you rickyb, it was for me rickyb. I don't care if we ever agree on anything in this world other than the finished work of the saviour. He is my saviour, my hope is he will become your's. Simple as that.

bbsam

Staff member
Not in the least. Nothing at all to do with social justice, period. Anyone that tries to make the claim or piggyback their desires misses the mission of the Lord. Jesus The Christ came for one and only one reason, to drink the cup of mankinds sin and take it to the cross, where God the father brutally allowed the consequences of the cup to be laid upon his Son. It's simple, it is easy to see, Jesus took the wrath of God in my place, singularly. He did the same for whosoever will come, singularly. That's the Gospel, it's the good news. Just the truth sam.
Lol. Yes there is a personal aspect to it.

But you miss the massive historical implications even (some say) the founding of this nation.

To pigeonhole the gospel as only “personal savior” is fairly short-sighted considering the 2000 years since.

bbsam

Staff member
God offered his Son as the bearer and the only one able to meet the payment. It was for you rickyb, it was for me rickyb. I don't care if we ever agree on anything in this world other than the finished work of the saviour. He is my saviour, my hope is he will become your's. Simple as that.
You may call Him savior and not be known to Him.

You will be known by your treatment of your brothers and sisters.

rickyb

why dont you read page 47 of this thread.

i guess i understand how people can be so deluded about simple stuff like religion but only because people are deluded about every :censored2:ing thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.