Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridays

ok yoda

what path is that? go to church, pray, conform and make fun of poor people?
How more clear can I be. You're a sinner, wages of sin is death.. hell. God died for you and me... oops someone else paid my debt. I believe God you still ask silly questions. Trust God.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Maybe. But believers are called to do so every day not to gain salvation but because we have been given salvation through grace.

I'm not sure about that. It helps to understand the views of unbelievers so that you can meet them where they are and be a light that helps draw them closer to God. But we certainly can't compromise on the truth, and it seems that reconciling two opposing views of Jesus would require compromise. And arguing about Jesus or the point of his teachings from those opposing view points is pointless and arguing at angles.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure about that. It helps to understand the views of unbelievers so that you can meet them where they are and be a light that helps draw them closer to God. But we certainly can't compromise on the truth, and it seems that reconciling two opposing views of Jesus would require compromise. And arguing about Jesus or the point of his teachings from those opposing view points is pointless and arguing at angles.
There is no arguing.

We testify with our lives, not our mouths. It’s as simple as the parable of the “Good Samaritan” or the three slaves given the master’s talents to invest.

We have been commanded to live a certain way, not to tell others how to live.

floridays

hey sherlock:

how does any of that gobbily goop metaphor which you just read translate into action?
No metaphor no gobbily goop. The wages of Sin is death, that's an action how will you contradict it, and offer me a remedy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There is no arguing.

We testify with our lives, not our mouths. It’s as simple as the parable of the “Good Samaritan” or the three slaves given the master’s talents to invest.

I agree, which is why I brought up the point.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And I agree which is what I mean by being commanded to reconcile the spiritual Jesus with the secular in our daily lives.

Oh, I was talking about the secular views about Jesus, not the secular world itself. And I do agree with your point about living our testimony, but Peter tells us to be ready to give an answer when people ask for the reason for the hope that we have. So talking isn't completely out, but your actions must back up your words.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, I was talking about the secular views about Jesus, not the secular world itself. And I do agree with your point about living our testimony, but Peter tells us to be ready to give an answer when people ask for the reason for the hope that we have. So talking isn't completely out, but your actions must back up your words.
Nothing wrong with that. Just don’t be surprised if 100 acts of decency go by without anyone asking “Why?”

floridays

Damn I didn't know the cemetery was full of people that live forever.
Got news for you my friend, the cemetery is full of bones, the soul left long before a ceremony or burial occurred, but the grave will give up it's contents in that day. And the contents will live eternally. Make as much fun as you like. I got a hint for you Black Moses, at Calvary Jesus told one of the thieves, Today you'll be with me in paradise. And Jesus was seen, after death with a glorified body.
I guess to respond directly to your question, Yes each and every person will live in eternity, either life or damnation. Fact is buddy, the choice is up to you... personally. Can't hide behind a skirt or play the color game on this one. You've been served, you're under notice, April 1 2018, Easter.

Last edited:

rickyb

How more clear can I be. You're a sinner, wages of sin is death.. hell. God died for you and me... oops someone else paid my debt. I believe God you still ask silly questions. Trust God.
no no. your taking things too literal, its all metaphors.

hell is suffering. hell is what happens when you dont fight for love and justice. hell is what happens when you dont throw the money changers out of the temple.

religion is big business in america. suicides are up in america. poverty is increasing. government is totally corrupted by money. too many rappers in the 90s and 2000s talking about gangsterism and forgot about the struggle for black rights and by extension human rights. ditto for many white artists. everything is money. theres major spiritual malnutrition. you have big oil fires all over because we dont fight for modern clean energy. canada is :censored2:ed too.

our countries are going straight to hell if nothing changes.

wake up. your obviously supposed to do something besides just praying and church. fire your preacher for starters.

floridays

There is no arguing.

Great, A certain Floridays, came to bbasm and asked, "What must I do to be saved?"

bbsam

Staff member
Great, A certain Floridays, came to bbasm and asked, "What must I do to be saved?"
And bbsam replied, “Love the Lord your God with all you heart, all your soul, and all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself.”

floridays

no no. your taking things too literal, its all metaphors.

hell is suffering. hell is what happens when you dont fight for love and justice. hell is what happens when you dont throw the money changers out of the temple.

religion is big business in america. suicides are up in america. poverty is increasing. government is totally corrupted by money. too many rappers in the 90s and 2000s talking about gangsterism and forgot about the struggle for black rights and by extension human rights. ditto for many white artists. everything is money. theres major spiritual malnutrition. you have big oil fires all over because we dont fight for modern clean energy. canada is :censored2:ed too.

our countries are going straight to hell if nothing changes.

wake up. your obviously supposed to do something besides just praying and church. fire your preacher for starters.
Why the bloody cross then? Ya miss it fella, God chose on his own to die for Me.

floridays

And bbsam replied, “Love the Lord your God with all you heart, all your soul, and all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself.”
And if you do that, what will be the fruit of your works? I know the answer, you tell me.

bbsam

Staff member
And if you do that, what will be the fruit of your works? I know the answer, you tell me.
There is no fruit. Salvation is by grace alone. However that salvation by grace will compel believers to strive to live by God’s word though he fails daily and remains a sinner.

floridays

he sure as hell didnt die for you to do nothing
i'm doing something now, i'm making you aware that God died in your place, you can choose to reject it and carry on with your silly games or accept it and still carry on with your silly games.

Status
Not open for further replies.