Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If you want to remove the spiritual aspects and reduce Jesus to a social justice warrior, you are welcome to. But to compare him to modern day SJW's is a complete abortion of reason.

bbsam

Staff member
If you want to remove the spiritual aspects and reduce Jesus to a social justice warrior, you are welcome to. But to compare him to modern day SJW's is a complete abortion of reason.
Who suggested that?

rickyb

floridays was trying to reduce jesus by doing the opposite of that. saying theres something greater in life than fighting for justice which is an extension of love.

floridays

Lol. Yes there is a personal aspect to it.

But you miss the massive historical implications even (some say) the founding of this nation.

To pigeonhole the gospel as only “personal savior” is fairly short-sighted considering the 2000 years since.
No, absolutely and unequivocally you are in correct. I care nothing in political movements or groups trying to usurp or direct the meaning of God's rendering his life for sinners. The fact of the matter is God died in the Flesh( Jesus), to pay for all of humanities sin, three days later God (Jesus)was seen walking, and talking to 500, death had no hold on him after drinking the cup of sin.
Sam, I hope you don't, but if you want to hang on those games, you are free to. I'll take God for his word, He provided a sacrifice, a spotless Lamb, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

rickyb

No, absolutely and unequivocally you are in correct. I care nothing in political movements or groups trying to usurp or direct the meaning of God's rendering his life for sinners. The fact of the matter is God died in the Flesh( Jesus), to pay for all of humanities sin, three days later God (Jesus)was seen walking, and talking to 500, death had no hold on him after drinking the cup of sin.
Sam, I hope you don't, but if you want to hang on those games, you are free to. I'll take God for his word, He provided a sacrifice, a spotless Lamb, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.
which translates into you doing what good for the world???

if your not gonna make the world better, then theres no point in religion

bbsam

Staff member
Jesus asked his followers, “Why do you call me Lord and not do as I command?”

As believers that question should haunt our hearts every time we claim him as savior.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
which translates into you doing what good for the world???

if your not gonna make the world better, then theres no point in religion
How do you know he isn’t doing good for the world? He could be doing amazing things and doesn’t talk about it.

floridays

why dont you read page 47 of this thread.

i guess i understand how people can be so deluded about simple stuff like religion but only because people are deluded about every :censored2:ing thing.
I'm thinking i don't need to know what is on page 47. If God chose to die in my place, and, "whosoever will"
believe is what is required sign me up. You people amaze me, politically you want to take from someone to make you equal or level the playing field but when God from Heaven sends his Son to do all the heavy lifting, be beaten and then Die in your place, you clowns, disregard it and say no thank you. Classical definition of schlitz for brains.

MAKAVELI

I'm thinking i don't need to know what is on page 47. If God chose to die in my place, and, "whosoever will"
believe is what is required sign me up. You people amaze me, politically you want to take from someone to make you equal or level the playing field but when God from Heaven sends his Son to do all the heavy lifting, be beaten and then Die in your place, you clowns, disregard it and say no thank you. Classical definition of schlitz for brains.
Die in your place? So you will live forever?

rickyb

hey sherlock:

how does any of that gobbily goop metaphor which you just read translate into action?

floridays

Die in your place? So you will live forever?
You may be beginning to catch on. I got nothing to sell, Yeah buddy, that's how it works, he died so we could live. The message today being Easter is, He's Alive Now, And I will be, and Mak, I want you to be also.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You may be beginning to catch on. I got nothing to sell, Yeah buddy, that's how it works, he died so we could live. The message today being Easter is, He's Alive Now, And I will be, and Mak, I want you to be also.

It's impossible to reconcile spiritual and secular views of Jesus.

MAKAVELI

Damn I didn't know the cemetery was full of people that live forever.

bbsam

Staff member
Jesus asked his followers, “Why do you call me Lord and not do as I command?”

As believers that question should haunt our hearts every time we claim him as savior.

It's impossible to reconcile spiritual and secular views of Jesus.

Maybe. But believers are called to do so every day not to gain salvation but because we have been given salvation through grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.