Religious Accommodation - ON TOPIC

Jebbahs Friend

Hello Brown Starbucks employees,

I have a friend named Jeb who recently received a promotion from unloader to package car driver. He's a very fair-complected fellow, so it's not well for him to be out in the sun for such long hours. In relation to this, I should also mention that he's Amish. He'd heard from a friend at work that this site was a good resource for employees with inquiring minds, so he kindly asked that I defer to you all for answers on this matter. Being that he's Amish, there is a sworn tenet to uphold against using technology. He wanted to know if it was possible for a religious accommodation to be made so that he could be excluded from having to use the DIAD to complete stops since the DIAD, as you all know, is a robust article of tech. He wanted to know if he could use paper and pen/cil to record his stops like you all did 30 some odd years ago. Granted, this would drastically shorten his stop count, but God has to come first. Thanks in advance!

over9five

Staff member
I still have paper delivery records in my locker that I will donate to Jeb. 50 packages per page, no markovers!
He is also welcome to park his horse and buggy next to my F150.

I have a friend named Jeb who recently received a promotion from unloader to package car driver. He's a very fair-complected fellow, so it's not well for him to be out in the sun for such long hours. In relation to this, I should also mention that he's Amish. He'd heard from a friend at work that this site was a good resource for employees with inquiring minds, so he kindly asked that I defer to you all for answers on this matter. Being that he's Amish, there is a sworn tenet to uphold against using technology. He wanted to know if it was possible for a religious accommodation to be made so that he could be excluded from having to use the DIAD to complete stops since the DIAD, as you all know, is a robust article of tech. He wanted to know if he could use paper and pen/cil to record his stops like you all did 30 some odd years ago. Granted, this would drastically shorten his stop count, but God has to come first. Thanks in advance!
How is he going to drive the package car if he is against technology?

Jebbahs Friend

You all make very striking points. I'm just going to tell him to be a PVD instead that way he can deliver from the sanctity of his horse-drawn wagon and talk to his helper management team about recording those stops on his notepad that he uses in place of a cellphone anyway.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Your "friend " religious accommodation would create too much undue hardship for UPS. Tell him to find a new religion

Non sequitur

You win the creative writing award. Keep it coming.