Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Can we get some penalty language that penalizes the company if they don't get an agreement by the expiration date?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It comes down to working conditions. You can work hard or you can work long, but you can’t do both.

I agree. But too many people are voting no without even being presented the contract. Do you think the company will offer much if they think we are a “no” anyway? Like picking up the hottest girl in the bar, if you don’t think you have a shot, why even try?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I agree. But too many people are voting no without even being presented the contract. Do you think the company will offer much if they think we are a “no” anyway? Like picking up the hottest girl in the bar, if you don’t think you have a shot, why even try?
And I agree. People should not have a true direction of voting until they see some verbiage.

In my opinion they will offer a big signing bonus and let the part timers take control of the vote.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No one has to drive to work with what we have on our mind, or how our back feels. I just have the feeling the company is more than readily armed to deal with a strike, and isn’t as intimidated by it as they would’ve been ten years ago.
@Bubblehead I enjoy your perspective. You gave me an X, and that’s fine. You don’t think the company is more prepared to deal with a strike than they were in 97? Why?

rod

Retired 22 years

The company already knows they are in the drivers seat. All they have to do is listen to the chatter of the hourly people to realize a 'no" vote isn't going to happen. Too many are afraid to strike or won't vote anyway. You can expect a token raise maybe and you will be VERY lucky to maintain your other benefits. Its too bad because the company is doing so good. JMO