Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Maybe. I’ve said it before, I’m surprised my loader is completely dressed everyday, let alone mailing in a ballot.

And it's only going to get worst, companies are going to have to raise wages if the economy maintains this 4% unemployment especially if inflation starts to rise!
All our good employees have left due to finding better wages, working conditions, etc! And I still believe one way you slow down turnover on these shifts is more 22.3 jobs!!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And it's only going to get worst, companies are going to have to raise wages if the economy maintains this 4% unemployment especially if inflation starts to rise!
All our good employees have left due to finding better wages, working conditions, etc! And I still believe one way you slow down turnover on these shifts is more 22.3 jobs!!
More 22.3 jobs would make a lot more people happy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We can't do it now with trained professionals....
The company would loose many accounts that would NEVER come back...Costco comes to mind...we just finally got them back a few years ago after leaving us after 97.... I have a hard time believing that ups wants to “risk” a possible strike and loose hundreds of large accounts....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's definitely not going to be pretty this time.

I'm ready. Already told my wife next year might not be good.
Ups would be fools for going into this being too cocky... they were like that in 97... they knew Carey was a wildcard.... and they got burned. This time they think Hoffa is In their back pocket....I don’t think they should be too confident in this...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The company already knows they are in the drivers seat. All they have to do is listen to the chatter of the hourly people to realize a 'no" vote isn't going to happen. Too many are afraid to strike or won't vote anyway. You can expect a token raise maybe and you will be VERY lucky to maintain your other benefits. Its too bad because the company is doing so good. JMO
What happens if the members who do vote are the ones who are willing to go on strike ??? Remember, there are many members who havent forgot the last contract and the last general election....I know I haven’t...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
@Bubblehead I enjoy your perspective. You gave me an X, and that’s fine. You don’t think the company is more prepared to deal with a strike than they were in 97? Why?
Yes they have those coyote fools to run loads wherever but once those pkgs get to the hubs that’s when the fun would start... you really think that pvd drivers are going to be able to keep up... or them getting scabs coming in to even keep up with 1/2 of the pace of a normal driver.... it would be an absolute disaster and the company is very foolish if they don’t think it would be a train wreck...

Star B

White Lightening
The company would loose many accounts that would NEVER come back...Costco comes to mind...we just finally got them back a few years ago after leaving us after 97.... I have a hard time believing that ups wants to “risk” a possible strike and loose hundreds of large accounts....
Once Costco tastes the competition... aka FXG.... they will be back on your doorstep.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Once Costco tastes the competition... aka FXG.... they will be back on your doorstep.
They were with fedex for a decade... if fedex were that bad they would have came back to ups sooner... and I have been ordering quite a few pkgs the last couple weeks from fedex, usps and ups, and guess which carrier is the only one who has rolled my packages ....(I’ll give you a hint.... they drive brown trucks...)

Star B

White Lightening
They were with fedex for a decade... if fedex were that bad they would have came back to ups sooner... and I have been ordering quite a few pkgs the last couple weeks from fedex, usps and ups, and guess which carrier is the only one who has rolled my packages ....(I’ll give you a hint.... they drive brown trucks...)
Hmmm, okay then. It may have just been FXG or HD... I haven't seen many express Costco pkgs.

We've(Express) been rolling some freight localized but not nearly as bad as it seems like on the brown side.