Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I lost count of how many Ground pkgs I had to move last week that were blocking a consignee’s front door.
But they got the pkg there before you and probably a day before ups.....yeah they look like scrubs but their service is getting very good.... you arent out on the roads like I am... I see how fast their semi truck drivers go.... 10-15 mph faster than me...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hmmm, okay then. It may have just been FXG or HD... I haven't seen many express Costco pkgs.
A little off topic but fedex ground must be going with the same color on their trucks and trailers as Express... Im seeing more and more on the highways...

Star B

White Lightening
A little off topic but fedex ground must be going with the same color on their trucks and trailers as Express... Im seeing more and more on the highways...
Yes, company wide mandate, everyone is going Express orange "to save costs in uniforms and printing". We (Express) employees hate it. Kinkos, OK, Freight, OK, but Ground? Hell no.

I see how fast their semi truck drivers go.... 10-15 mph faster than me...
That's because most everyone is paid per load on the linehaul side. Most of the ground delivery drivers I talk to are paid salary per day, no matter if they have 50 or 250 stops... so there's an incentive to go faster so they can get done quicker.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hoffa may be in their back pocket but he can't do jack crap if we all vote NO
I’m thinking that he might be looking to put hall or Hoffa 3 in that gp position so maybe he might start flexing his muscles at the end of his run with the teamsters...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes, company wide mandate, everyone is going Express orange "to save costs in uniforms and printing". We (Express) employees hate it. Kinkos, OK, Freight, OK, but Ground? Hell no.
Lol... and in my eyes the express drivers are at a different level as ground so there is some prestige with the express colors imo

Coldworld

60 months and counting

That's because most everyone is paid per load on the linehaul side. Most of the ground delivery drivers I talk to are paid salary per day, no matter if they have 50 or 250 stops... so there's an incentive to go faster so they can get done quicker.
Fedex closed their Canadian kinkos, right?? I wonder if they’ll do the same in the US... Im seeing fedex drop off available at Walgreens, office max, kroeger..... these are new point of pick up services for them... thought they might be trying to get this going before the pull out of fedex office for good..???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hoffa may be in their back pocket but he can't do jack crap if we all vote NO
True Gumby... and the employees like us who are the most vocal about everything being decent are the ones going to be making the biggest fuss....I’ve said this before... I want ups to be very profitable, but they need to share “some” of this with their employees....and attitude towards their employees is a huge part of it and the last few years they have been doing a very poor job in the employee relations Dept!!!!

Star B

White Lightening
Fedex closed their Canadian kinkos, right?? I wonder if they’ll do the same in the US... Im seeing fedex drop off available at Walgreens, office max, kroeger..... these are new point of pick up services for them... thought they might be trying to get this going before the pull out of fedex office for good..???
Doubt it. Walgreens is only a drop off/pick up point, not a place to actually ship anything. Kinkos still does banners and stuff like that. I'm not saying that the under performing Copy/Print locations wont get killed, but the ones where they sell tons of copying and such like that will stay open.