Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Like i care? Lol. Neither got hurt, for that Iam happy. Was just hoping maybe it would be a wake up call that ups is driving people too hard.

I know silly thought. I got the word through the grapevine. Could be fake news
i thought you were retired? nothing wrong with bad karma catching up with someone. it always will whether in this lifetime or the next or the next.

karma , good or bad, always works.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yes. Retired. Got calls telling me.
did they ask you back for peak? i went to my old hub the other day because was in neighborhood . It's been 2 and half years and they asked me if I wanted a job for the rest of peak. shifting in yard. almost threw up at the thought.

funny, very funny.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

did they ask you back for peak? i went to my old hub the other day because was in neighborhood . It's been 2 and half years and they asked me if I wanted a job for the rest of peak. shifting in yard. almost threw up at the thought.

funny, very funny.

Funny?

Anyone who "just happens to be in the neighborhood" is not there by chance.

Pathetic.

clerkin

Get that strike fund ready
I'm willing to do whatever it takes for the cash I need. Whatever...
How about langauge paying us penalty pay after working 60 hours during peak? Maybe UPS might have more incentive to staff peak properly. Wont happen but its a thought

Look I’ve worked in the hub pt for 13 years... it takes about 15 right now to go full time here ... Ive worked directly next to cornerstone for the last two years.. ( that’s where all the new hires go for those of you that don’t have that) I see the new hires walk in everyday to report for training... Since October 15th (that’s when seasonal hiring starts here) they have been hiring around 20 people per week for day, twi, and night sort each.... that’s 60 people a week... I work on twi so Ill alternate doubles during peak.. so I see each hub shift... it’s funny, by Friday you are lucky to see 1/3 of those people still showing up... UPS staffs plenty of people.... the problem is keeping them....$10.20 is what the starting rate is here... this is a joke for what insiders do... hell target is paying $15 an hour to push buggies.... ups needs to allocate more money to pt employees like they used to.. when my dad started in the 70’s they were paying 3times the minimum wage... now it’s 2017 and they only pay $10.20 barely over.. People were standing in line to work here years ago.. now you’re lucky to keep people for a week... you get what you pay for...... stop paying feeders $$$$$$$$ to get fat and raise the starting pay rate for part timers to something people will line up for and you won’t have a staffing issue... package guys you rock btw and work for every cent. so no complaints towards you all...

rod

Retired 22 years
I drive right by my old cent
Funny?

Anyone who "just happens to be in the neighborhood" is not there by chance.

Pathetic.

I drive right by my old center every time I go to town . Its on the way. I haven't stopped there since I retired with the exception of dumping the trash from my retirement party in their dumpster. I've moved on.

Look I’ve worked in the hub pt for 13 years... it takes about 15 right now to go full time here ... Ive worked directly next to cornerstone for the last two years.. ( that’s where all the new hires go for those of you that don’t have that) I see the new hires walk in everyday to report for training... Since October 15th (that’s when seasonal hiring starts here) they have been hiring around 20 people per week for day, twi, and night sort each.... that’s 60 people a week... I work on twi so Ill alternate doubles during peak.. so I see each hub shift... it’s funny, by Friday you are lucky to see 1/3 of those people still showing up... UPS staffs plenty of people.... the problem is keeping them....$10.20 is what the starting rate is here... this is a joke for what insiders do... hell target is paying $15 an hour to push buggies.... ups needs to allocate more money to pt employees like they used to.. when my dad started in the 70’s they were paying 3times the minimum wage... now it’s 2017 and they only pay $10.20 barely over.. People were standing in line to work here years ago.. now you’re lucky to keep people for a week... you get what you pay for...... stop paying feeders $$$$$$$$ to get fat and raise the starting pay rate for part timers to something people will line up for and you won’t have a staffing issue... package guys you rock btw and work for every cent. so no complaints towards you all...
You don't understand. It's not the same company as your Dad worked in. They don't want part time lifers anymore.

clerkin

You don't understand. It's not the same company as your Dad worked in. They don't want part time lifers anymore.

I agree with that 100% but like I said I’m at 13 years and still not full time but that’s not by choice my friend..it’s about 15 years to go full time here their are still about 5 ahead of me that would take a full time spot... hopefully by summer but I literally despise pt lifers... all they do is hold bids up for months and never take a full time job when their so called “brothers” are begging to go.. but they bitch about being poor... go figure...all I was attending to say is that we need to fight for pt starting wages... the backbone of this company is insiders and package..... that’s where the real work is.... feeders make waaaaay too much in my opinion... I mean if you put a sign up at ups that said cdl drivers needed at even $65000 (nothing compared to what most make currently) a year plus free health care and you are home every night/day... you would have people lined up 5miles Long and they would stay until they died.however, if you did that for package 90% wouldnt last a month.. I just think we need to focus more on insiders and package guys

I agree with that 100% but like I said I’m at 13 years and still not full time but that’s not by choice my friend..it’s about 15 years to go full time here their are still about 5 ahead of me that would take a full time spot... hopefully by summer but I literally despise pt lifers... all they do is hold bids up for months and never take a full time job when their so called “brothers” are begging to go.. but they bitch about being poor... go figure...all I was attending to say is that we need to fight for pt starting wages... the backbone of this company is insiders and package..... that’s where the real work is.... feeders make waaaaay too much in my opinion... I mean if you put a sign up at ups that said cdl drivers needed at even $65000 (nothing compared to what most make currently) a year plus free health care and you are home every night/day... you would have people lined up 5miles Long and they would stay until they died.however, if you did that for package 90% wouldnt last a month.. I just think we need to focus more on insiders and package guys
Quality doesn't matter anymore
Whatever is the cheapest. The only way they hang on to most experienced part timers is with health care.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

funny, very funny.
You should have said you wanted back on the road... pulling loads north or to Reno or Lenexa Ks on the sleeper team... is your cdl license still valid???