Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
Apparently. Lol. You are a gumby. Im a minion.
I
tenor (22).gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wouldn’t be so sure about that when CEO pay has been all over the news, hard to get upset about someone who everybody knows works their asses off for the 100k ... and a CEO is making 100 million...your point doesn’t hold water..... you live in California, tell me how much house a 100k per year job will get you...lol
Coldworld, maybe I misunderstood the OP #1 post. he wants the contract to change because he is working 6 days a week and 70 hours during peak???

it was just a given that all of us worked maximum hours during the 5-6 weeks of peak and feeder drivers usually worked max hours in January also moving all the extra trailers out of our overflow yards or to the railyard.

I don't remember anyone complaining about it or about all the extra money in overtime we were all making. It was just part of the job for Christmas season.

Now , i do agree that you and everyone else has a valid argument for better contract language if this continues year round. 9.5 violations and so forth but the OP was speaking about PEAK.

fuh

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hmmm...The pay rate on 7/31/97 was $20.25 which translates to $31.12 today. Our guys are making $35.99.
I'm making 35.79/hr and perhaps that caveat I heard of our raises only keeping up with inflation, was in relation to a different time frame than the one I referenced?
My lunchtime rants come with time restrictions and I may take some liberties with a few figures from time to time and appreciate being corrected, truly.

I am curious how you arrived at those numbers, as I would assume inflation rates would play out differently, from area to area?

In the end, as I stated, any strike will not be about the pay for full time drivers, much like it wasn't in 1997.
We were industry leaders then, as we are now.

Many of the other talking points of the '97 strike are certainly relevant today, which was my point.

Do you disagree?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually @Jones , since I am no longer a representative/agent,....

.....would it still be a TOS violation for me to promote LECMPA Employment Insurance, that protects the wages of any unionized transportation worker???

Too much has been made of that. It's a non-issue.

Remaining a strong voice in your Local, as a Steward, takes precedence.

If you were punking on that.... We would need to talk. :biggrin:

-Bug-

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Coldworld, maybe I misunderstood the OP #1 post. he wants the contract to change because he is working 6 days a week and 70 hours during peak???

it was just a given that all of us worked maximum hours during the 5-6 weeks of peak and feeder drivers usually worked max hours in January also moving all the extra trailers out of our overflow yards or to the railyard.

I don't remember anyone complaining about it or about all the extra money in overtime we were all making. It was just part of the job for Christmas season.

Now , i do agree that you and everyone else has a valid argument for better contract language if this continues year round. 9.5 violations and so forth but the OP was speaking about PEAK.

fuh

Not really, the actions of the company were within the law obviously, and probably warranted based on the volume, some will disagree. My point is that it's all connected at the end of the day!! I want the contract to change for a multiple of reasons, some being what you mentioned, but the what we're going through now, don't forget this feeling 6 days a week 70 hrs is what is presently happening! All this is connected to everything else we deal with throughout the year!

Do you disagree?

siouxman

siouxman
I currently work for ups and have for over 30 years. I started in package car (22yrs) and im currently in feeders.I dont like working the extended hours like most people.I agree UPS can hire as many people as they want but the problem is no one wants to work. UPS cant find people to be helpers or contractors to move the loads. Yes I know they (UPS) dont pay the Christmas help and they get used. I feel we need to get through this peak and take care of our customers and when we continue with the new contract talks we can bring up the lingering problems that have been dogging our company for a number of years.The public will have no sympathy for a strike nor would it benifit use. UPS needs to continue to invest in capital improvements to there facilities to better handle the new internet shopping.Some of our building are 50 years old. I see new building from the completion going up yearly.UPS is even adding a surcharge to try and boost the fourth quarter bottom line. We have a lot of challenges ahead but if we stick together and work with the company no one can stop us.

Last edited:

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
I agree UPS can hire as many people as they want but the problem is no one wants to work. UPS cant find people to be helpers or contractors to move the loads
people will work not just slave labor for slave wages
Yes I know they (UPS) dont pay the Christmas help and they get used.
yup
The public will have no sympathy for a strike nor would it benifit us
maybe not for fters like you but look at the pters we out number yall by a lot.. how come the guy making fast food can fight for 15$/hr and its okay but we cant?
We have a lot of challenges ahead but if we stick together and work with the company no one can stop us.
now this is just some delusional bull:censored2:... maybe the company should work with US instead of against and things would change
UPS is even adding a surcharge to try and boost the fourth quarter bottom line
screw their 4th quarter bottom line i wont see :censored2: from it and will be expected to work twice as hard for the same wage while some guy spins around in a chair and makes up some bull:censored2: metrics for people to meet

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I currently work for ups and have for over 30 years. I started in package car (22yrs) and im currently in feeders.I dont like working the extended hours like most people.I agree UPS can hire as many people as they want but the problem is no one wants to work. UPS cant find people to be helpers or contractors to move the loads. Yes I know they (UPS) dont pay the Christmas help and they get used. I feel we need to get through this peak and take care of our customers and when we continue with the new contract talks we can bring up the lingering problems that have been dogging our company for a number of years.The public will have no sympathy for a strike nor would it benifit use. UPS needs to continue to invest in capital improvements to there facilities to better handle the new internet shopping.Some of our building are 50 years old. I see new building from the completion going up yearly.UPS is even adding a surcharge to try and boost the fourth quarter bottom line. We have a lot of challenges ahead but if we stick together and work with the company no one can stop us.
Work with the company....lmao!!! They don’t care about you or me... and they really hate @Gumby !!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm

Don't (2)

Can't

Benefit

Their

Competition

Hope this helps.

Indecisi0n

?

I asked you repeatedly not to violate the privacy of others, stop posting pics of people, stop spam posting the same pics chosen to publicly defame others. You have been banned under several other usernames because of your own choices. You even publicly declared you were going to contact your lawyer about me...

I have no personal issues with you. I have issues with the way you behave on this forum. All I ask is that you follow the same rules on this public forum that everyone else does. You can post freely from your current username in the mod queue, just respect the privacy of others etc and all posts will be approved.

Apparently you would rather play the victim and publicly insult me. That's okay, it is what it is.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.
I got this.