Remote start

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes, whaddaya think?
From reading the user reviews it sounds pretty good, the most common complaint I see is that the buttons on the remote are super sensitive and can activate just jostling around in your pocket. I would be worried that I would inadvertently start the car while walking into work and it would run out of gas while I was running my route. That's probably just me being overly paranoid. There were some complaints about battery life as well, but to me the convenience factor would greatly outweigh the terrible burden of buying a little 'ol battery every 6 mos or so. Are you putting this on a manual by any chance, or are both cars automatic? I'm just curious if they really do charge more to put it on a manual transmission (cuz that's what I got).

iowa boy

From reading the user reviews it sounds pretty good, the most common complaint I see is that the buttons on the remote are super sensitive and can activate just jostling around in your pocket. I would be worried that I would inadvertently start the car while walking into work and it would run out of gas while I was running my route. That's probably just me being overly paranoid. There were some complaints about battery life as well, but to me the convenience factor would greatly outweigh the terrible burden of buying a little 'ol battery every 6 mos or so. Are you putting this on a manual by any chance, or are both cars automatic? I'm just curious if they really do charge more to put it on a manual transmission (cuz that's what I got).

I have a 5301 im my truck and the two way remote can be locked so that if you bump the keyfob in your pocket it will just buzz at you. you have to unlock the remote each time before you use it, but the lock sure has saved me alot of gas from accidentally bumping the remote in my pocket.

Mike57

On mine, when you start the car, It only runs for a period of time . I believe that can be adjusted,Then it shuts off unless the key is put in and turned on..

over9five

Staff member
Are you putting this on a manual by any chance, or are both cars automatic? I'm just curious if they really do charge more to put it on a manual transmission (cuz that's what I got).
Both automatics.

I have a 5301 im my truck and the two way remote can be locked so that if you bump the keyfob in your pocket it will just buzz at you. you have to unlock the remote each time before you use it, but the lock sure has saved me alot of gas from accidentally bumping the remote in my pocket.

I've heard this one has that lock as well.

On mine, when you start the car, It only runs for a period of time . I believe that can be adjusted,Then it shuts off unless the key is put in and turned on..

I think this one does that too.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
The remote start usually only stays started for the most 24 min, and can be adjusted by the installer. The next remote start for me will be one that doesn't need a key fob and can use cell signal to start. I think that will be pretty sweet....

Over, go to radio shack and stock up on button batteries and keep a spare in your wallet. I think I bought a three pack for like 15 bucks or so and always have a spare.

over9five

Staff member
The remote start usually only stays started for the most 24 min, and can be adjusted by the installer. The next remote start for me will be one that doesn't need a key fob and can use cell signal to start. I think that will be pretty sweet....

Over, go to radio shack and stock up on button batteries and keep a spare in your wallet. I think I bought a three pack for like 15 bucks or so and always have a spare.

Good idea, I'll do that. Just back from Best Buy, being installed next Saturday.

klein

Für Meno :)
Any of those remotes come with an auto snow-removal button ?

A regular remote starter does me no damm good here !

Pictures taken just 10 min, ago, after about 24 hrs non-stop snowfall ! :(

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0153.jpg

SANY0152.jpg
SANY0153.jpg
SANY0152.jpg
SANY0150.jpg

iowa boy

Any of those remotes come with an auto snow-removal button ?

A regular remote starter does me no damm good here !

Pictures taken just 10 min, ago, after about 24 hrs non-stop snowfall !

Just keep starting the van again after it shuts off, it will eventually melt off most of the snow. Or for the really lazy person, I have seen leaf blowers used to clean off this much snow.:happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
iowa boy;796976[COLOR=blue said:
Just keep starting the van again after it shuts off, it will eventually melt off most of the snow. Or for the really lazy person, I have seen leaf blowers used to clean off this much snow.[/COLOR]:happy-very:

Damm snow was suppose to stop today, but no, won't stop until tomorrow sometime !
I did dig myself out, went to the store, almost got stuck there, had to go to another store, same problem.... parking lots not cleared , yet.

Then got back home, and had to shovel my way back into my drive-way ! (got stuck).

35 center manager we got, and another 20 center manager on it's way (that's over 2 feet snow , just over this weekend) !!! :(

On the brighter side, we do have great snow and ice removal at our airport (business as usual), unless your from Toronto (that airport is half down - but those easterners aren't used to it, like we are).