Rentenion on check?

DoctorMario

I noticed my check was higher due to a rentenion bonus on my check. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Is this something new? I've been at UPS 19 years and I work in Texas.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I noticed my check was higher due to a rentenion bonus on my check. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Is this something new? I've been at UPS 19 years and I work in Texas.
Never heard of it, but I wouldn’t be asking around in case it was a clerical error.

Every PT (except air drivers) were receiving a $75/wk retention bonus starting in Feb until just recently in my building. It ended when UPS raised the starting wage to $19/hr.

herbigharo32

At my hub, a large percentage of the workforce will stop showing up when the pay drops back down to $15.50. Then the retention bonus will be reintroduced in January. Meanwhile, I will burn option days to get my sleep study and colonoscophy done since Saturdays are only 4 hours tops.

The good news with this retention game is I actually make MORE money in the long run after accounting for overtime on the sunrise outbound and picking up more extra shifts on night sort.