REPARATIONS HEARINGS! FREE STUFF?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Italians weren’t enslaved by the Americans though, key difference here. Even after being free’d they still didn’t have any real rights. I fail to see why anyone would have issue with this. They should get something, same with the natives.
“According to John K. Thornton, Europeans usually bought enslaved people who were captured in endemic warfare between African states. Some Africans had made a business out of capturing Africans from neighboring ethnic groups or war captives and selling them.”

Go to the source for your reparations.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Where's the money for Italian Americans???. My grandparents came from Sicily and settled in Boston where they were brutalized by the Irish.

When in school I was called WOP, Greaseball , Guinea , and a whole slew of other names. Had to fight weekly until I finally got big enough to beat the kaka out of my tormentors.

Discrimination for Italians was an everyday fact of life. The only way we could advance was from our own businesses. Many Italians changed their surnames so they could fit in and be hired for work.

Where are our trillions?

Gee I feel so damaged. Had to work my way thru college and nobody gave me anything . Had to earn everything by working my butt off. Realized the American dream and am just a millionaire in the single digits.

I could have been a deca-millionaire by now.

It's my money and I want it NOW!
I thought you guys made all the money. You know, the Mafia thing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
“According to John K. Thornton, Europeans usually bought enslaved people who were captured in endemic warfare between African states. Some Africans had made a business out of capturing Africans from neighboring ethnic groups or war captives and selling them.”

Go to the source for your reparations.
Don't mention the Barbary Slave Trade, his head might explode.

vantexan

If the USA can give out free 20k, then why is reparations a silly idea? I think we know the real reason….we ain’t gotta say it though
But that was actually to people it happened to. Not a slave amongst us today. And what is wanted in reparations goes into the trillions. Are you going to punish the whites who never owned slaves? Who never treated a black unfairly? How about the descendants of whites who came here after slavery ended? Is just being white enough reason to hit people with a huge amount of extra taxes? What about blacks who clearly have white blood in them? Do they get reparations too? Can you prove that some black slave woman was raped by a white owner and it wasn't some interracial dalliance in the 1960's that made that person much lighter skinned? There are so many complications to this issue. Why not say that past welfare was essentially reparations? Why not say every effort made to level the playing field from work quotas to preferences in college admissions are reparations? This idea that every black in this country is owed hundreds of thousands if not more when they live in the world's most prosperous nation and have opportunities given them they'd never have in Africa is at its heart a power grab, nothing more. Courting black votes when they know it's unworkable.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
But that was actually to people it happened to. Not a slave amongst us today. And what is wanted in reparations goes into the trillions. Are you going to punish the whites who never owned slaves? Who never treated a black unfairly? How about the descendants of whites who came here after slavery ended? Is just being white enough reason to hit people with a huge amount of extra taxes? What about blacks who clearly have white blood in them? Do they get reparations too? Can you prove that some black slave woman was raped by a white owner and it wasn't some interracial dalliance in the 1960's that made that person much lighter skinned? There are so many complications to this issue. Why not say that past welfare was essentially reparations? Why not say every effort made to level the playing field from work quotas to preferences in college admissions are reparations? This idea that every black in this country is owed hundreds of thousands if not more when they live in the world's most prosperous nation and have opportunities given them they'd never have in Africa is at its heart a power grab, nothing more. Courting black votes when they know it's unworkable.

There’s definitely a lot of nuisances to it, but I’m still for the reparations. I’m sure we can find a way to figure it out. The 40 acres and a mule should’ve happened, but of course it didn’t.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It seems like you have hit the nail on the head.
Hopefully the bleeding hearts will concur.