REPARATIONS HEARINGS! FREE STUFF?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reparations discussions are like candy to the Far Left, much like talks about legalizing fully automatic weapons would appeal to the Far Right. The prohibitive costs and the determination of who would be eligible make the actual implementation of reparations both impossible and laughable. It is pandering the the base in the worst possible way. Completely ridiculous.
The average Californian (or even San Franciscan) has zero interest in reparations, and when the local SF government has discussions or makes proposals they know full well they are going nowhere. It all sounds good to the target demographic who might vote for them.
End of story.

vantexan

I mean, they are conquered enemies who refuse to assimilate. By historical standards, they're lucky they're being treated as well as they are.
Where do you get the idea that they refuse to assimilate? The majority of "Native Americans" in the U.S. today are of mixed ancestry. My wife and I attended a July 4th fireworks celebration on an Apache reservation in Arizona. A very patriotic event.

Over70irregs

Where do you get the idea that they refuse to assimilate? The majority of "Native Americans" in the U.S. today are of mixed ancestry. My wife and I attended a July 4th fireworks celebration on an Apache reservation in Arizona. A very patriotic event.
You have to realize the desperate gasps of a diminishing dominance cycle and the beginning of a new one. It’s called denial.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you read the post I responded to, he said our country does not care about "them", as in not us.

I'm referring to Indians who refer to themselves as a nation on their reservation. Being your own country within another country is not assimilating.

Over70irregs

If you read the post I responded to, he said our country does not care about "them", as in not us.

I'm referring to Indians who refer to themselves as a nation on their reservation. Being your own country within another country is not assimilating.
Land of the FREE home of the BRAVE. They are free folk. They cannot truly assimilate. It’s their dna 🧬. If you zoom out it will be obvious.

vantexan

That's the system our government set up for them. It's really not much different than us resisting having another group's values pushed on us. And it's not much different than every racial group living in neighborhoods dominated by their own kind. There are some Native American radicals, but while white liberals try to make an issue about things like team mascots most Natives are supportive. There's just not the anger there found in some groups.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's the system our government set up for them.
Yes. They're not required to stay and call themselves a separate country though.
It's really not much different than us resisting having another group's values pushed on us. And it's not much different than every racial group living in neighborhoods dominated by their own kind.
I disagree.
There are some Native American radicals, but while white liberals try to make an issue about things like team mascots most Natives are supportive. There's just not the anger there found in some groups.
Cool story bro.
I mean, not related to what I'm talking about.
But cool story bro.

Thebrownblob

Yes. They're not required to stay and call themselves a separate country though.

I disagree.

Cool story bro.
I mean, not related to what I'm talking about.
But cool story bro.
I find Indian lore, interesting and they seem very brave and resourceful. But any group of people who are fooled into giving away everything with a couple of strands of necklaces and shiny objects. Kind of get what they deserve.🤷‍♂️

oldngray

nowhere special
I find Indian lore, interesting and they seem very brave and resourceful. But any group of people who are fooled into giving away everything with a couple of strands of necklaces and shiny objects. Kind of get what they deserve.🤷‍♂️
They need to avoid firewater before negotiations.

Picking up some junk jewelry for some land that wasn't even yours wasn't that bad of a deal.