Replacement CEO

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
We said that about pumping your own gas.
We said that about ATMs.
Self check out lines are different. You'll see.. Wait, you can already see after years of use. The dumb sss that use them. Still can't figure out how to use them correctly.

rod

Retired 22 years
@rod is just having the great depression flashbacks. Cut him some slack.

-nancy
I prefer to use a human check out person. Like I've said before- nobody dreams of becoming a checkout person at Walmart when you are 60+ years old. Those old gals NEED the money and what few benefits they get. Every self check out machine is putting some one out of work.

Indecisi0n

I prefer to use a human check out person. Like I've said before- nobody dreams of becoming a checkout person at Walmart when you are 60+ years old. Those old gals NEED the money and what few benefits they get. Every self check out machine is putting some one out of work.
I get it but listen, they are here to stay. People need to adapt. If anything I see the future going the way amaZon has their stores. No cashier's at all. Just scan your stuff on the phone or have the basket scan it, pay from the phone and walk out. That's the future.

• -nancy

rod

Retired 22 years
I get it but listen, they are here to stay. People need to adapt. If anything I see the future going the way amaZon has their stores. No cashier's at all. Just scan your stuff on the phone or have the basket scan it, pay from the phone and walk out. That's the future.

• -nancy
Oh yes I know the robots will eventually take over but I will still do my part to throw a monkey wrench into that system. You have to realize that if there are no jobs for that group of people (and its a very LARGE group) YOU are going to end up taking care of them.

rod

Retired 22 years

• -nancy
People don't need to adapt. They need to fight back.

Indecisi0n

Oh yes I know the robots will eventually take over but I will still do my part to throw a monkey wrench into that system. You have to realize that if there are no jobs for that group of people (and its a very LARGE group) YOU are going to end up taking care of them.
Oh hell nawwwwwww

They going right into a government run home.

-nancy

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
There are stores in Colorado that have scanners and bags you scan your stuff as you put it in the bag and then just put it on the scale at the end. It is a great way to get 5 lbs of steak for the price of 5 lbs of rice.

Indecisi0n

People don't need to adapt. They need to fight back.
I understand Bernie but some things are here to stay and that's one of them. The technology loves so fast you either move with it an adapt or get left behind. That's all I'm saying.

-na na Nancy

rod

Retired 22 years
I understand Bernie but some things are here to stay and that's one of them. The technology loves so fast you either move with it an adapt or get left behind. That's all I'm saying.

-na na Nancy
All"s I'm say is that eventually it will bite the working man in the ass for using self checkout. Younger people are especially stupid for using these self checkers. I don't understand why a person would walk into MacDonalds and the counter will be empty or maybe one person in line and the idiot will choose to use one of those ordering screens they have set up now. They stand there and flip through 10 different screens to order a burger and fries and then 5 more screens to order a fancy coffee when all they have do is tell the old gal at the counter what they want.

Indecisi0n

All"s I'm say is that eventually it will bite the working man in the ass for using self checkout. Younger people are especially stupid for using these self checkers. I don't understand why a person would walk into MacDonalds and the counter will be empty or maybe one person in line and the idiot will choose to use one of those ordering screens they have set up now. They stand there and flip through 10 different screens to order a burger and fries and then 5 more screens to order a fancy coffee when all they have do is tell the old gal at the counter what they want.
I get your point when it's not busy but when it is busy they save tons of time. Soon it won't be an option because it will all be screens.

-ne me Nancy