Reported to Integrity: Irreg driver unsafe practice.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We just throw over 70's on our shoulder and walk it to the end of the building.
Brownslave688,

You are creating a safety hazard for yourself.

You should exercise your collectively bargained rights to not put yourself at risk in this way.

Please see Article 44 Section 1 of the Master CBA.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
over 70's are a big issue in our facility as well (middleton wi) we do not have a bulk train and use bulk carts; we do not even have a designated bulk person most days........ they (mgt.) have basically scared, intimidated, or conned the part timers into NOT using 70 tape......how??? our facility is relatively new (built in 1996) i have been there the entire time and then sum.....when we opened we had less than 15,000 pieces daily and under 20,000 @ peak.......last few yrs. our volume runs between 20-25k daily and hit 34k @ peak........ our start times however have gotten later.....use to start in the late 3am hr, last few yrs starts consistently after 0430.......they also harass the part-timers they know have to take care of kids, go to skool, or another job....on days when air is late or we go down later than normal.....the p/t employees cut all sorts of corners and mgt. goes along with it.....there comes a pt. where "you become the a-hole" for insisting the over 70 policy is enforced......i know "how" the issue is supposed to be fixed as at one pt. many yrs ago/center managers ago, during a meeting i explained to him that the trailers come in with unmarked bulk, (from sum places more so than others) he then told US that the trailers ARE SUPPOSED TO BE audited by the supervisors, which is to include among other things load quality, un-marked bulk, damages and tape jobs that come outta any specific trailer.......kinda hard to insist your supervisors do THEIR jobs, and keep on top of the part timers.....see where i'm going with all this (it makes one very unpopular) i do personally insist on taping ALL unmarked over 70's, tape jobs etc. what those part timers don't see is that if they did EVERYTHING correctly they could all easily have 4+ hrs daily.......
teamsterdan,

Please read Article 44 of the Master CBA.

It seems that you have several potential grievance issues here.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: My problem

Is when they over load the train carts so they can't see, and don't beep the form when they start up. I have actually said something because the walkway is narrow, and sometimes have to criss-cross to get through, and I've been almost hit
Kis124,

Close calls and violations should be reported to your hourly employee representative on the Safety Committee.

Sincerely,
I

teamsterdan

teamsterdan,

Please read Article 44 of the Master CBA.

It seems that you have several potential grievance issues here.

Read more: Reported to Integrity: Irreg driver unsafe practice.

and will do nothing more than make me more of a target than i already am....as i said i point this stuff out to my steward, as well as mgt. i don't need to carry the football on this one I do my part and then some....i correct the issue when I see it, i point it out to safety committee members, union stewards and mgt. all who can fix the issue.... they choose not to........not my problem

Integrity

Binge Poster
and will do nothing more than make me more of a target than i already am....as i said i point this stuff out to my steward, as well as mgt. i don't need to carry the football on this one I do my part and then some....i correct the issue when I see it, i point it out to safety committee members, union stewards and mgt. all who can fix the issue.... they choose not to........not my problem
teamsterdan,

It is un lawful to be retaliated against for participating in union activities such as filing grievances.

What has you BA said about this?

Sincerely,
I

teamsterdan

it may be and is unlawful but your a fool if you think it does not happen and you know is difficult to prove......the BA does not work on the pre-load, i do, this is how it is on the floor in the workplace....thats reality law no law

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
To all,

It was reported to me that in a particular building the irreg drivers are driving in an unsafe manner.

Is this a chronic problem in your facility also?

Sincerely,
I
What would you have people do about these issues? You have admittedly witnessed and spoke with employees doing things in violation of OSHA regs and you failed to do anything about it. You never have given examples of how you are improving the situation in you own hub. Perhaps you could go into detail to educate people on how you handle such issues by walking away from the violation and not reporting it to anyone. You tell others what to do but you yourself did not do anything to prevent injuries or address issues in any way.

The way I see things, you lack what you supposedly are, Integrity.
In case you need a refreshing on what I'm speaking of http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087430

Integrity

Binge Poster
it may be and is unlawful but your a fool if you think it does not happen and you know is difficult to prove......the BA does not work on the pre-load, i do, this is how it is on the floor in the workplace....thats reality law no law
teamstedan,

I think it would be very foolish for anyone to ever let something like this happen without involving outside authorities.

Why don't you call your BA?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
What would you have people do about these issues? What specific issue? I have made different suggestions on different issues. You have admittedly witnessed and spoke with employees doing things in violation of OSHA regs and you failed to do anything about it.How do you know what I did or didn't do? You never have given examples of how you are improving the situation in you own hub.What claims have I made about improving conditions? Perhaps you could go into detail to educate people on how you handle such issues by walking away from the violation and not reporting it to anyone.No I cannot go into detail at this time. You tell others what to do but you yourself did not do anything to prevent injuries or address issues in any way.My Blog should provide a couple of examples for you to read through.

The way I see things, you lack what you supposedly are, Integrity.
In case you need a refreshing on what I'm speaking of http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087430 My answers were clear in this referenced post.
Jackburton,

I have posted my responses above.

Sincerely,
I

Kis124

Re: My problem

Kis124,

Close calls and violations should be reported to your hourly employee representative on the Safety Committee.

Sincerely,
I

One of the irreg drivers is on the commitee. Another is just as bad at following saftey rules unless it is someone else. I have gone to the saftey sup about this issue and nothing gets done.