Republicans Don't Like Their Potential Choices

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks Trp. Now I've seen Jodie Miller. Stewart's a much better comedian and mixes delivery of material better. News Busters seem like a sad right wing attempt to capitalize on what Stewart and Colbert have mastered. Fox attempted to have a satirical news show on at one time. Is this the same one?

bbsam

Staff member
Not funny when they make fun of your hero...thats understandable.

Not true. Louis Black has been very funny whether he takes on the left or the right. And though he's known as a lefty, George Carlin was also very harsh on both sides.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks Trp. Now I've seen Jodie Miller. Stewart's a much better comedian and mixes delivery of material better. News Busters seem like a sad right wing attempt to capitalize on what Stewart and Colbert have mastered. Fox attempted to have a satirical news show on at one time. Is this the same one?

Dennis Miller has been doing the political schtick since Colbert & Stewart were in diapers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea. The only place I have seen newsbusters is on you tube. Don't even know how long they've been around. Maybe it isn't funny yo you because it's making fun of the left. Jodi Miller probably isn't trying to be the same as Colbert or Stewart. By the way, I don't like colbert at all, I can usually take Stewart for a little while, probably because of his target material. Regardless of who is making fun of who, all of them s t r e t c h the truth quite a bit.

Not true. Louis Black has been very funny whether he takes on the left or the right. And though he's known as a lefty, George Carlin was also very harsh on both sides.
Carlin and Black both were/are very hard on "the establishment". I really liked Carlin in his earlier years but the last 10 or so years, he just came across as bitter and hateful but not as funny. Carlin wasn't a bad actor either, did a great job in one of the "Lonesome Dove" series movies (forget the name of the one he was in).
Black's humor is really good, his mannerisms are what makes his act, more so than the actual jokes.

bbsam

Staff member
Carlin and Black both were/are very hard on "the establishment". I really liked Carlin in his earlier years but the last 10 or so years, he just came across as bitter and hateful but not as funny. Carlin wasn't a bad actor either, did a great job in one of the "Lonesome Dove" series movies (forget the name of the one he was in).
Black's humor is really good, his mannerisms are what makes his act, more so than the actual jokes.

That's my point. I found both to be funny no matter who they were talking about. Also that was my critique on Jodi Miller. The jokes were ok, but the delivery was flat. Bottom line: I love comedy.

That's my point. I found both to be funny no matter who they were talking about. Also that was my critique on Jodi Miller. The jokes were ok, but the delivery was flat. Bottom line: I love comedy.
Me too, I used to listen mostly to the comedy channels on XM radio, but they all got to the point that all they played were re-runs, never any new material. It got boring. I still surf back there every now and again.

But did you ever listen to Shelley Berman records ??? (I did)
Not his records but I have heard his recordings on XM. More, you aren't that much older than me.
[video=youtube;_e0tZR5isQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0tZR5isQk&feature=related[/video]