Republicans Don't Like Their Potential Choices

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As I was driving today, I heard a report (on a Right Wing station), that none of the potential GOP candidates had more than 20% approval from Republicans (no Democrats) polled. Trump and Romney were at the 20% mark, with the rest falling well short of that.

Unless you come up with someone that is more appealing, Obama is going to walk away with it again. The commentator (Right Wing) remarked that Palin's star was fading, and that Huntsman's glowing praise of both Obama and Hillary Clinton in public letters would probably destroy his chances. He was very concerned that the GOP "needed to get a more viable candidate". His words, not mine.

Remember, I didn't say it. One of your own on the Right did on his show, which I won't identify because it's local, and would reveal where I live. I can't cite the source, because the host did not cite it or did before I tuned-in to the show.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As I was driving today, I heard a report (on a Right Wing station), that none of the potential GOP candidates had more than 20% approval from Republicans (no Democrats) polled. Trump and Romney were at the 20% mark, with the rest falling well short of that.

Unless you come up with someone that is more appealing, Obama is going to walk away with it again. The commentator (Right Wing) remarked that Palin's star was fading, and that Huntsman's glowing praise of both Obama and Hillary Clinton in public letters would probably destroy his chances. He was very concerned that the GOP "needed to get a more viable candidate". His words, not mine.

Remember, I didn't say it. One of your own on the Right did on his show, which I won't identify because it's local, and would reveal where I live. I can't cite the source, because the host did not cite it or did before I tuned-in to the show.

It seems that there is a clear choice - Not Obama.

moreluck

golden ticket member

OMG ! Someone might find out where you live........horrors !!

MrFred, If you had been paying attention you would have already known this earth shattering news from the conservatives that post on this forum. The guy wasn't reveling any deep dark secrets.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MrFred, If you had been paying attention you would have already known this earth shattering news from the conservatives that post on this forum. The guy wasn't reveling any deep dark secrets.

I realize that, but what was interesting was his level of concern. Hoaxter said "anyone but Obama", but that might not be good enough unless you have a dynamic GOP candidate.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We really don't know yet who all of our choices are. Give everybody 'til about July and then we'll probably know.

brett636

If its a candidate the Tea party can throw its full support behind chances are its a candidate who will slaughter Obama. Another milk toast candidate like McCain will only help to extend this nightmare that is Obama by 4 more years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If its a candidate the Tea party can throw its full support behind chances are its a candidate who will slaughter Obama. Another milk toast candidate like McCain will only help to extend this nightmare that is Obama by 4 more years.

The Tea Party is a joke. In terms of sheer numbers, there aren't enough of them even if they could rally behind a single candidate. "Milk Toast" McCain is in Libya right now promoting the rebel's cause.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Tea Party is a joke. In terms of sheer numbers, there aren't enough of them even if they could rally behind a single candidate. "Milk Toast" McCain is in Libya right now promoting the rebel's cause.

And how many Demoncrats were replaced by Tea Party backed candidates in the last national election?

moreluck

golden ticket member
65 and out for all politicians. I have respect for McCain for serving, but he and many others are too old for politics....Pelosi too.

bbsam

Staff member
So now the real question. Why don't the republicans like their choices? What's wrong with the field? If it's just getting the Tea Party behind the candidate, that's easy. Trump, Bachman, Gingrich, Barbour, Ryan. Take your pick.

You can try to down play the influences of the Tea Party all you want, go on discount them. Nothing like under rating your opponent to assure they defeat you. Just ask many of the house of rep dems that were in effect fired. It is true that the numbers of TP members aren't large enough alone to elect a candidate on their own (as in a third party) but when they get behind someone the RNC is supporting, things can and do change.

So now the real question. Why don't the republicans like their choices? What's wrong with the field? If it's just getting the Tea Party behind the candidate, that's easy. Trump, Bachman, Gingrich, Barbour, Ryan. Take your pick.
Not quite that simple. The RNC and the TP aren't always on the same page which causes for the inter struggle republicans are facing in finding a viable candidate to this point.
I hope they can get their collective heads together and come up with someone that can represent the GOP with honesty and openness, that will do what is indeed best for our country, not just his idea of what is best. IMO, 0 has not done this.