Republicans miss stock gains.

unionman

I can't help but laugh at some of the Republicans that I use to argue with back in March about Obama and how as they said he was destroying the stock market. They sold out of spite and I bought because I knew Obama was the aswer for this country. Who:happy-very:'s sorry now? I have almost doubled my 401k portfolio in the last 5 months and they missed the boat totally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back in February/March Obama was demonizing the market...Took it to a place it should not have gone and the market was oversold at it's low in March. In your opinion what did Obama do to bring markets back? All I can see is he stopped demonizing the market.

The adm. has said that the stimulus hasn't had time to work. So that can't be the reason. Less bad (not good) economic news is what seems to be driving this market. Along with hedge funds and mutual funds afraid of missing the boat.

Overpaid Union Thug

Obama has done nothing to help the economy. It takes millions of us "Average Joe's" to fuel an economy by going out and spending money in stores and restaurants. If anything he has hindered the growth of the economy by artificially "stimulating" it by pumping trillions of dollars from China and out of thin air into it. The few spikes in growth we've had so far could have been huge if Obama and his loons in Congress hadn't of done that. Keep dreaming "unionman."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
By O own admissions the stimulus funds won't fully kick in until 2010.
And factoring in the true unemployment numbers ( those looking for work + those that have given up looking for work ) we are at over 16%. So explain again how he managed to turn things around ?

unionman

By O own admissions the stimulus funds won't fully kick in until 2010.
And factoring in the true unemployment numbers ( those looking for work + those that have given up looking for work ) we are at over 16%. So explain again how he managed to turn things around ?
He is GOD, thats what all you Republicans are saying.:happy2:

klein

Für Meno :)
First of all, I don't like this headline.
I am sure a lot of people re-invested into the stockmarket (otherwise it wouldn't have moved up), and all mixed (not just democrats).

As for stimulis not working ? Are you nuts ? What kind of news do you watch, if any ?

As it's known, the housing and banking sector was to go under.
Obama save many people from losing homes, saved a lot of banks that would have went belly up.
(and to most part, banks have already repaid)

Then the car industry was hit. 2 of them wouldn't even be standing now, with 100's of thousands of jobs gone.

Yes, the rest of stimlus, that needs to wait until it triggers down.
But sofar soo good.

If someone else in power would have just stood by, and let things flow as they were. - That would have been the disaster of the century !

A lot of people , do switch thier votes. Otherwise voting wouldn't be necessary.
Americans have voted, and in my opinonen, they have chosen the right man, as the majority of all of you did.

Yes, not every decision he makes is perfect. Nobody is.
And nobody can please everyone. Thats impossible.

But, some of you go just too far, bad mouth him for every single move he makes, even if he makes the right ones.
Because only time will tell.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
look up the recession of 1919.
and at the actions of that president, who did nothing.
He let the cycle run its course, unlike today.
If you don't cull the bad businesses from the good they will only make for more problems later.

brett636

Where does Obama get the credit for the recent uptick in the market? Its normal for a market to move up and down continously. I'm a conservative, I voted for the American, and I never sold out of the market knowing it was the perfect time to buy into it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Where does Obama get the credit for the recent uptick in the market? Its normal for a market to move up and down continously. I'm a conservative, I voted for the American, and I never sold out of the market knowing it was the perfect time to buy into it.
I agree with your philosophy here. I believe that when you invest in the stock market, you're investing in America, and I believe that in the long term America is a good investment. Consequently when the DOW was plunging down to to the 6-7000 range I increased my contributions, which is paying off pretty well for me at the moment.
I think what the OP was referring to is that when things were looking grim, Sean Hannity & Co were loudly proclaiming that it was all Obama's fault, that Obama "owns this economy", etc. Now that things seem to have turned around, you don't hear a peep about it.

tieguy

Banned
I can't help but laugh at some of the Republicans that I use to argue with back in March about Obama and how as they said he was destroying the stock market. They sold out of spite and I bought because I knew Obama was the aswer for this country. Who:happy-very:'s sorry now? I have almost doubled my 401k portfolio in the last 5 months and they missed the boat totally.

Certainly and astute investor such as yourself has heard of a Fibonacci bounce?

I think I'm fairly up todate on investment philosophy. Are you saying you know republicans that got out of their 401 K plan and planned to stop saving and investing for the next four years due to Obama? Does this guy know how stupid this sounds?

av8torntn

Just like a liberal to worry about what someone else is doing with their money.

First of all, I don't like this headline.
I am sure a lot of people re-invested into the stockmarket (otherwise it wouldn't have moved up), and all mixed (not just democrats).

As for stimulis not working ? Are you nuts ? What kind of news do you watch, if any ?

As it's known, the housing and banking sector was to go under.
Obama save many people from losing homes, saved a lot of banks that would have went belly up.
(and to most part, banks have already repaid)

Former treasury secretary Hank Poulson saved the banks with the TARP program. (not Obama)

Then the car industry was hit. 2 of them wouldn't even be standing now, with 100's of thousands of jobs gone.

GM and Chrysler were given government money to prevent bankrutcy which happened anyway a few months later.

Yes, the rest of stimlus, that needs to wait until it triggers down.
But sofar soo good.

The China stimulus has benefited America better than the US package

If someone else in power would have just stood by, and let things flow as they were. - That would have been the disaster of the century !

A lot of people , do switch thier votes. Otherwise voting wouldn't be necessary.
Americans have voted, and in my opinonen, they have chosen the right man, as the majority of all of you did.

Yes, not every decision he makes is perfect. Nobody is.
And nobody can please everyone. Thats impossible.

Nobody expects him to be perfect but he should expect to be bad mouthed as all presidents are.

But, some of you go just too far, bad mouth him for every single move he makes, even if he makes the right ones.
Because only time will tell.

So what exactly has Obama done? Cash for clunkers maybe, the second US stimulus/bailout for the auto industry.

klein

Für Meno :)
So what exactly has Obama done? Cash for clunkers maybe, the second US stimulus/bailout for the auto industry.

Cash for clunkers. Personally, I don't believe in it.
Bad decision, once again. Made by Obama and Brown(England).

What is it, with the States and England , anyways ?

It's just a very short term fix, costs billions, and whats the endproduct after most have bought new cars ?
Then the market of new cars, is gone, and again they won't sell.

England and the US, even want to put more money into stimlus... Canada is against it.
England went into Iraq with you.

I got to really wonder, who is part of the English Commenwealth ?

You can make money in any market, you just have to trade the market you have. Not the market you want.

unionman

Certainly and astute investor such as yourself has heard of a Fibonacci bounce?

I think I'm fairly up todate on investment philosophy. Are you saying you know republicans that got out of their 401 K plan and planned to stop saving and investing for the next four years due to Obama? Does this guy know how stupid this sounds?
We have a winner.Ding Ding Ding... I don't care how astute an investor you think you are, you got killed because you jumped on that sell because obama is going to raise taxes Limbaugh crap that came out when he took office and you missed the biggest run up in stocks since WW2. Good Job.

tieguy

Banned
We have a winner.Ding Ding Ding... I don't care how astute an investor you think you are, you got killed because you jumped on that sell because obama is going to raise taxes Limbaugh crap that came out when he took office and you missed the biggest run up in stocks since WW2. Good Job.

That response is so stupid I don't really know where to start other then to say its pretty freaking stupid.

While we're speculating about each other I believe your posts indicate that you're a heavy drug user with a fifth grade education. I'm convinced your double wide has not had a good washing in years and I'm positive the porch is littered with your empty red,white and blue cans. Your dog is no doubt crossbred and subject to attack your family members. The good news is your wife left you years ago and took the kids thus minimimizing the threat your dog poses.

Did you sell last week? You don't have any gains until you sell. Today was a good day for the shorts. I took 2 shorts off today from last week. Hoping to retrace 925-950 on the S and P by month end. 870 would be a gift.

tieguy

Banned
Did you sell last week? You don't have any gains until you sell. Today was a good day for the shorts. I took 2 shorts off today from last week. Hoping to retrace 925-950 on the S and P by month end. 870 would be a gift.

dont confuse him by telling him you can play long and short. :happy-very:

unionman

That response is so stupid I don't really know where to start other then to say its pretty freaking stupid.

While we're speculating about each other I believe your posts indicate that you're a heavy drug user with a fifth grade education. I'm convinced your double wide has not had a good washing in years and I'm positive the porch is littered with your empty red,white and blue cans. Your dog is no doubt crossbred and subject to attack your family members. The good news is your wife left you years ago and took the kids thus minimimizing the threat your dog poses.
You did jump on that wagon, thats funny. Why else would you get so mad? You remember ole Rush saying I hope he fails and all you right wingers were jumping out of the market like little kids stomping there feet. Just like the right wingers are stomping there feet over health care reform. Charge! to the town hall, lets burn it down! Morons.

unionman

Don't short too much. The shorts are what drove the market for the last month. They had to buy because they were getting killed. China is taking off.