Required 6th Day

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Told us yesterday in a special PCM that Black Friday and every Saturday till Christmas will be “normal” days.

We informed the center manager that they can’t force us and it’s voluntary only. He agreed and just reiterated the idea that we all are needed and anything we can offer will be great.

Bottom line is that most will work with an understanding that we all want a successful peak but when they claim they can force us, then we lose all respect.
Lmfao. Smh

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
Possibly, I was always livid when I'd do a 6th day and not get OT on the inside because I was short a few hours despite double shifting.

SameRightsForAll

Call out sick. If they give you a occurrence file a grievance for not being paid your Sick day.

I called out sick every Saturday last year. They told me I can't be paid because the system won't let them pay me a sick day for my day off. Same happens with day after Thanksgiving. The system won't let them give you a sick day and pay you holiday.

We are M-friend or T-S if I come in on a 6th day it's because I want to. Don't care what they say.

View attachment 222251

People call "in" sick. I've never in my life heard of somebody calling "out" sick. Where did you pick up this language?

Mooseknuckle

Told us yesterday in a special PCM that Black Friday and every Saturday till Christmas will be “normal” days.

We informed the center manager that they can’t force us and it’s voluntary only. He agreed and just reiterated the idea that we all are needed and anything we can offer will be great.

Bottom line is that most will work with an understanding that we all want a successful peak but when they claim they can force us, then we lose all respect.
Didn't you say recently that you were all going to be working under 9 hours in your center? San Fran right?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People call "in" sick. I've never in my life heard of somebody calling "out" sick. Where did you pick up this language?

Fun with prepositions.

People call in to the center to say they are calling out sick. You can call on your management to fill the shift you are calling off of. Next time I will call near my shift to say I am under the weather. I'll tell them about how I won't be at work until I am over the flu, despite the fact that I have no more sick bank left, even if it is against policy.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Didn't you say recently that you were all going to be working under 9 hours in your center? San Fran right?
Oh we are.....they’re currently reminding us that we are running 8.6 plan days on average.

Outside of a few days I’d be surprised if anything drastic changes. We’re running more routes more helpers and have more pre-loaders than ever before.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Call out sick. If they give you a occurrence file a grievance for not being paid your Sick day.

I called out sick every Saturday last year. They told me I can't be paid because the system won't let them pay me a sick day for my day off. Same happens with day after Thanksgiving. The system won't let them give you a sick day and pay you holiday.

We are M-friend or T-S if I come in on a 6th day it's because I want to. Don't care what they say.

View attachment 222251

To any of my co-management reading this and you guys. They cannot "code" you for a sick day in GTS but they can submit you for a payoff of a sick day or days. The OMS who handles pay can do it in 30 seconds.

That will take care of anyone rolling any sick days into next year.

Glad I could help.

What'dyabringmetoday???

To any of my co-management reading this and you guys. They cannot "code" you for a sick day in GTS but they can submit you for a payoff of a sick day or days. The OMS who handles pay can do it in 30 seconds.

That will take care of anyone rolling any sick days into next year.

Glad I could help.
Thank you.