Resi Delivery Observations

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
What are some of the things you notice about resi deliverys in your area?

1) People who don't bother to put their address on their house. Why?

2) When you open your front door, we can tell if you like a pig or if you are orderly and clean.

3) Its Winter, air out your house because when you open your door the smell of B.O. knocks us backward.

Any more?

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't invite the UPS guy in (C.O.D.- on call pickup- ARS ) only to tell him how sick with the flu you have been.

upsgrunt

Even though it's winter, you still have to pick up your dog's crap out of the yard, especially when it craps on your front porch because it is too cold to go out in the yard. How can people live like that?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No foot prints in the snow means to one has been home for a while.

Follow the foot traffic in the snow to leave the parcel at the door everyone now uses.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sign the delivery notice the 1st day-don't wait until the driver has made 3 attempts and then call the center to beg them not to send your package back.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm replacing Over9five's number 4

4) If you ordered something and are expecting it, at least sand your lawnwalk and steps to your house.

The ice storm happened 2 days ago, and most people left them alone. I can understand the black ice on the driveway but not the rest.

ol'browneye

I'm replacing Over9five's number 4

4) If you ordered something and are expecting it, at least sand your lawnwalk and steps to your house.

The ice storm happened 2 days ago, and most people left them alone. I can understand the black ice on the driveway but not the rest.

From what I've been told, under Missouri law, if you don't clean your walk or driveway and someone slips and gets hurt, you are not liable. It is an act of God, you didn't put the ice there. If you clean your walk and don't do a good enough job and someone gets hurt, you are negligent and liable for their injuries! Go figure!
Or it could be an older couple who can't physically do it.
Then again, some people are just too lazy!
Either way, be careful. The new UPS safety slogan is "Safety by choice, not by chance."
In keeping with the thread:

1. Yeah, sure your dog doesn't bite. I've been bitten by dogs that don't bite!
2. Your dog is going nuts in there, of course it's going to bolt out the door and go after me when you open the door! Use some commen sense, that's something I would expect a child to do.
3. Get off your butt and answer the door. Don't yell "Come in."
4. $5000 boat taking up the garage space and $45000 SUV left outside.
5. A smile and a "thank you" makes my day!:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you are expecting a big pkg move your vehicle over in the driveway so we can get between it and your beautiful landscaping to get to the front door.

Big Babooba

You deliver to the person just about every day. You always DR the package - MCM or MCF. The day you need a signature - nobody's home.

Ms.PacMan

Pick up large sticks in your yard before winter so they don't turn into trip wires in the snow and ice.

Don't pretend not to hear me then open the door in a panic when you see me walking back to the truck with your package. I can also play deaf and shut the truck door and drive away without ever hearing you yell wait.

From what I've been told, under Missouri law, if you don't clean your walk or driveway and someone slips and gets hurt, you are not liable. It is an act of God, you didn't put the ice there. If you clean your walk and don't do a good enough job and someone gets hurt, you are negligent and liable for their injuries! Go figure!
Or it could be an older couple who can't physically do it.
Then again, some people are just too lazy!
Either way, be careful. The new UPS safety slogan is "Safety by choice, not by chance."

I used to deliver routes with people who did this,mostly wealthy neighborhoods. I would counter their logic by setting the package where they would have to venture out onto the ice to retrieve it. After all I couldn`t risk injuring myself by stepping onto their ice covered porch.

ol'browneye

I used to deliver routes with people who did this,mostly wealthy neighborhoods. I would counter their logic by setting the package where they would have to venture out onto the ice to retrieve it. After all I couldn`t risk injuring myself by stepping onto their ice covered porch.

:thumbsup:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Long story short;

Long ago---pre DIAD--- I'm doing a rural route cold. I have a package for an address...and I find a row of 6 rusty mailboxes where the stop should be, with 3 gravel driveways heading up into the dark woods.

Each 1/2 mile long driveway had 2 houses, none of which were marked and no one was home. I spent 20 minutes driving around this potholed nightmare and couldnt find one address. So I left a delivery note in the mailbox and sheeted the package as "unable to locate."

The customer called in a complaint and was obnoxious and rude, saying that "I need to learn to do my job" and "the regular driver knows what the hell is going on" and "we have never had a problem getting our mail."

2 weeks later Im on the same route, with another package for the same customer. I still dont know which house he lives in, but I find a neighbor to indirect it to. I leave a note in the box again, stating that his package had been indirected and what address I left it at. What I DIDN'T do...was indicate the name of the person I left it with.:devil3: This customer therefore had the pleasure of trying to do MY job and spend 20 minutes of HIS time to find the address I left it at....in the dark.:laughing:

Some time later, when I did the route again, I noticed that these addresses were all clearly marked with signs on each driveway.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Long story short;

Long ago---pre DIAD--- I'm doing a rural route cold. I have a package for an address...and I find a row of 6 rusty mailboxes where the stop should be, with 3 gravel driveways heading up into the dark woods.

Each 1/2 mile long driveway had 2 houses, none of which were marked and no one was home. I spent 20 minutes driving around this potholed nightmare and couldnt find one address. So I left a delivery note in the mailbox and sheeted the package as "unable to locate."

The customer called in a complaint and was obnoxious and rude, saying that "I need to learn to do my job" and "the regular driver knows what the hell is going on" and "we have never had a problem getting our mail."

2 weeks later Im on the same route, with another package for the same customer. I still dont know which house he lives in, but I find a neighbor to indirect it to. I leave a note in the box again, stating that his package had been indirected and what address I left it at. What I DIDN'T do...was indicate the name of the person I left it with.:devil3: This customer therefore had the pleasure of trying to do MY job and spend 20 minutes of HIS time to find the address I left it at....in the dark.:laughing:

Some time later, when I did the route again, I noticed that these addresses were all clearly marked with signs on each driveway.
OH crap, this might actually be one of the funniest posts I've read, Sober. LOL