Resigning

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Don't quit...unless you plan on inventing something or getting a better job in some sort of trade...none of my friends who went to college make as much as me and the benefits are great...yes the day sucks sometimes but you're outside seeing hot chicks and some fat ones too but hey if still lick their anuses...anyway is stick with it it's a great career overall

You call out once every week or two? You shouldn't have had a chance to quit, you should've been fired months ago. In 9 years with UPS, I've called out maybe 5 times.

Oh, and this isn't a "resignation". You're quitting a part time job. Don't expect to be hired back.

If you are having these doubts now about waiting to drive, quit now. The more you get invested into the conpany, the harder it is to leave for something else. Many of us waited patiently for over 5 years busting our balls PT for the chance to drive. When you have years vested, you don't want to throw it away.
Sorry, I didn't clarify on that. I started to call off every week for the past month and a half, which is when a new supervisor came in.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
6 months in and it's killing you??

What are you going to do if you start driving and you get dispatched with an 11-12 hour day?

Either get some thicker skin and better work ethic or you probably aren't cut out for this type of work.

Everyone wants the big pay day but don't want to put in the effort.

Time to decide what type of person you are. Weak or strong?

6 months in and it's killing you??

What are you going to do if you start driving and you get dispatched with an 11-12 hour day?

Either get some thicker skin and better work ethic or you probably aren't cut out for this type of work.

Everyone wants the big pay day but don't want to put in the effort.

Time to decide what type of person you are. Weak or strong?
I have done helpers before and I actually like it but it's just preloading that gets the best of me.

DOK

I think it's just the crappy starting time and pay that's really unsettling. I still need to complete the paperwork for the resignation, would I still be able to turn around if I choose not to fill it out?
Just hang in there, you'll look back and this time will seem short. It doesn't really get comfortable until you have your own route though, a lot of tough times til then. But tough times don't last, tough people do....

ChrisTheBrown

As hard as times got for me, (in my first couple years with the company) I never could've brought myself to quit. The long term goal, which I'm now enjoying, is what kept me going each day.