Resigning

HardknocksUPSer

Driving cannot be much worse than preloading as far as hours as concerned. Yes you may work longer as a driver but as a preloader your asleep when your family isn't, your up when your family isn't and your home when your family isn't. That's life, atleast your awake or home when the rest of the world and your family are at home when driving. After being here two years as a part timer, I still haven't made a major decision to go FT or stay PT and find a good FT gig elsewhere. However driving is most likely in the agenda, I like to make bank, I enjoy being out on the road meeting and greeting people and being friendly with some of the non moronic public. Just remember, life gets better the longer your at UPS, it's worth it.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
If you really want to drive and make a decent living then stick with it. You will always have to deal with the b/s Or quit and you can sign for the packages at Staples your choice.

Holydriver

I have been thinking about it and it seems like I can't hang onto UPS anymore longer than I already did. I really wanted to make a career out of driving for UPS, but being a preloader with a secondary part time job kills me physically. Yes I know, if I can't handle this situation now, I probably won't be able to handle becoming a driver. I have been told that driving for UPS can be a perfect gig for someone but it can also be a gig that isn't. A lot of drivers from my building told me that if I'm planning to quit I should do it on the spot and not drag it out for a week, 2 weeks or a month. I also have a question, if anytime in the future that I think I might be physically and mentally prepared for UPS again, would I be able to re-apply for the job?
If you're not happy and have other income lined up then go ahead and leave. Might as well be happy in life, bub, we only got the one. Besides, if you're not digging the hours right now, you'd be pretty upset when you wait years to start driving just to find you hate those hours too

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been thinking about it and it seems like I can't hang onto UPS anymore longer than I already did. I really wanted to make a career out of driving for UPS, but being a preloader with a secondary part time job kills me physically. Yes I know, if I can't handle this situation now, I probably won't be able to handle becoming a driver. I have been told that driving for UPS can be a perfect gig for someone but it can also be a gig that isn't. A lot of drivers from my building told me that if I'm planning to quit I should do it on the spot and not drag it out for a week, 2 weeks or a month. I also have a question, if anytime in the future that I think I might be physically and mentally prepared for UPS again, would I be able to re-apply for the job?

Jesus, get your big boy pants out of mom's dryer and just quit already. You are a grown up, you really don't need all of us internet schvatzs to comfort you and tell you how it is, how it was, or how it could be.