Response,what’s the goal?

vantexan

You can also say that they can show every red cent of all the billions they generate and that won't do the couriers any good either.
But they are showing every red cent to be in compliance with the law. You're assuming they're hiding billions. Why do you think they go to such lengths to hold costs down? It's to give out more in dividends so that big institutional investors and funds will buy the stock, driving up share price. Their wealth lies in the shares they own, not in money that they would literally be stealing from the company and hiding, risking prison. Every transaction leaves a record, and they better have the funds from these transactions or regulators will find the discrepancy. That's the tradeoff of being a publicly traded company over being privately held. Your company gets access to investors in the stock market, but you have to submit to oversight in order to protect those investors. The stock market as a system is the bedrock of capitalism, and it's not treated lightly.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You don’t get my post. Whether they’re on the up and up or not, it won’t do couriers/CSA’s/dispatch any good. They’ll still either get crappy raises or none at all.

vantexan

You don’t get my post. Whether they’re on the up and up or not, it won’t do couriers/CSA’s/dispatch any good. They’ll still either get crappy raises or none at all.
I get it, but you're essentially saying there are billions out there unaccounted for, and on an annual basis. Doesn't matter whether they hide it or show it, couriers aren't getting any of it. But there isn't any extra hiding in Fred's safe or anywhere else. Revenue is accounted for and taxed accordingly.

MAKAVELI

I get it, but you're essentially saying there are billions out there unaccounted for, and on an annual basis. Doesn't matter whether they hide it or show it, couriers aren't getting any of it. But there isn't any extra hiding in Fred's safe or anywhere else. Revenue is accounted for and taxed accordingly.
FedEx can most definitely pay for an actual progression to top pay. There's no excuse for it. Never was and never will be.

Cactus

If you say so Van. Besides I already said the couriers won’t see it regardless. No need for Pete and repeat. Trust Fred all you want, he’s the CEO of the company that lied to you on more than one occasion about compensation.

fdxsux

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. Fedex doesn’t pay us more because they don’t have to pay us more. If they had to pay us more they would figure out how to do it really quick. And they’d still make plenty of money, just like UPS does.

Aquaman

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. Fedex doesn’t pay us more because they don’t have to pay us more. If they had to pay us more they would figure out how to do it really quick. And they’d still make plenty of money, just like UPS does.
Ya I think the money’s there too. They could do it. They have enough revenue. It just gets spent on everything BUT us... I’m not delusional though, I know they’ll never do it. I just love when they insult my intelligence every year in the raise meeting when we’re told the money just isn’t there.

throwaway10

Cool story Grandpa. Area knowledge isn’t changing SPH by anything noticeable. Good tech can have drivers just as productive within a month on any route.
Wish that was the case, 90% of our new couriers <5 years are horribly inefficient despite technology. 50% of all new hires quit within a year... it's not a good situation.

vantexan

If you say so Van. Besides I already said the couriers won’t see it regardless. No need for Pete and repeat. Trust Fred all you want, he’s the CEO of the company that lied to you on more than one occasion about compensation.
Yeah, who's going to steal billions and risk prison when he's already a billionaire. If you say so.

Star B

White Lightening
Wish that was the case, 90% of our new couriers <5 years are horribly inefficient despite technology. 50% of all new hires quit within a year... it's not a good situation.
Depending on the area is depending on how important area knowledge is.

IWBF, IIRC, is in a major, MAJOR metro area. Somewhere where automation works 98% of the time.
Some of us are out in the middle of nowhere where automation works about 25% of the time.

There's the disconnect.

vantexan

FedEx can most definitely pay for an actual progression to top pay. There's no excuse for it. Never was and never will be.
I never said they couldn't. I've said that they should stick to new pay plan and top people out in 9 years. When did the new plan start? 2016? New hires then would be halfway to top out now. If they had stuck to the plan. FedEx doesn't want to pay top rate. They don't want to fund 401k's and pensions at top rate either.

Cactus

If you remember but their so called pay progression plan had a built-in Get Out Of Jail card with it that stipulated that it was subject to the company’s ability to afford it.

Not even the weakest union in the country would ever agree to that kind of BS.

NC man

well my p2 has been dropping so I guess the move to Ground is underway. Only had 33 p2 today. close to retirement so getting off at 1500 or so is fine with me, may even stick around longer if this is the new deal

Fergus Mahoney

well my p2 has been dropping so I guess the move to Ground is underway. Only had 33 p2 today. close to retirement so getting off at 1500 or so is fine with me, may even stick around longer if this is the new deal
Stops dropping too. But they still make us wait till Response freight is brought out. $$$ being wasted sitting around waiting at OT rates. This place makes zero sense to me anymore. No business sense at station level just old lazy couriers that wanted of the road. I'm here to watch Express come crashing down while cashing fat checks.🤪🍻