Restoration Hardware

HomeDelivery

Looks like a pair of dollies, and a baby doll!

wow, can't fathom the price of some of those combo-handtruck-dolly

all i got is a small cheapo one w/ plastic wheels that are held together w/ packaging tape:

afe6a88d-90ef-4a80-b6d7-a48bcf016e02_145.jpg

cheapo-contractors...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This sounds like a classic case of dumb sh-t management-itise.

Who at this HR company made the call to ship

trailer loads o

friend catalogs via UPS wh

en probably a coupl

e bucks worth of 4th

class postage would

cover shipping one USPS. I would like to be there when the bean-counters at HR get the bill from UPS. Next thing you will hear is this HR company having a terrible quarter and CEO getting replaced (after he gets a multi-million dollar severance package). It makes UPS the winner but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would ship a catalog via UPS.

I don't know about that. I few ladies were having the big O when they saw their catalogs. They cannot wait to spend more of hubby's money!

im_tired

man, we got hit with this at the end of this past week. something like 4400 of them for the building...got a real case of jelly arms after preload thursday and friday...

mrbrownstone

I probably had 20 to 30 of these on Friday. Actually didn't mind them because they didn't take up much shelf space so it made my truck feel more empty. Also they were easy enough to walk off using 1 arm, no need for equal opposite diagonal corners stuff. Oh and didn't have to worry about trying to disguise them with urban camoflauge.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, been delivering these things for like 2 weeks. We didn't get hit with them all at once--I've had like 5 a day for a couple weeks. At least they were all shipper release.

CLMRNUR

We had a trailer load come into our building Via a contractor. Just drove into our yard & dropped his trailer. I'd like to have seen that stuff come through in a UPS trailer..

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a trailer load come into our building Via a contractor. Just drove into our yard & dropped his trailer. I'd like to have seen that stuff come through in a UPS trailer..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sounds like they were processed by SCS or Mail Innovations employees at the shipper.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I probably had 20 to 30 of these on Friday. Actually didn't mind them because they didn't take up much shelf space so it made my truck feel more empty. Also they were easy enough to walk off using 1 arm, no need for equal opposite diagonal corners stuff. Oh and didn't have to worry about trying to disguise them with urban camoflauge.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Good point...as annoying as the catalogs were...the RH boxes are much heavier!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We will never know but would be curious if RH's catalog gamble will pay off. Between the printing and shipping, RH might be lucky to break even though the merchandise is high end.

BTW, I had 2 catalogs that were going to apartments that get left with the office. Both residents didn't live there anymore so had to give to the clerk. That lazy POS clerk kept on sending it back on my route all week, I finally gave hell on Friday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

We get trailers from lots of shippers dropped by contractors all the time. Amazon, Zappos, Omaha Steaks,etc.

The trip from origin to CACH is prob the least profitable part of a packages journey. Fuel, wear and tear on the vehicle, the vehicle itself being dedicated to just one run, and at least one driver. Better that expense fall to others.
Once it's on property it's all ours until it gets to the front door. I have no problem with it if it gets us volume.

Think of it as a customer dropping of a package at a customer counter. Same idea.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We will never know but would be curious if RH's catalog gamble will pay off. Between the printing and shipping, RH might be lucky to break even though the merchandise is high end.

BTW, I had 2 catalogs that were going to apartments that get left with the office. Both residents didn't live there anymore so had to give to the clerk. That lazy POS clerk kept on sending it back on my route all week, I finally gave hell on Friday.

I've had that same talk with that same lazy PoS. Is always the ones where the shipper doesn't want them back like sherries berries, gift baskets, flowers etc. Ns#? Lazy clerk kept sending because didn't want to deal with it.

We had a little chat last peak after getting the same rancid box of strawberries everyday for the 2nd week. It got better for a while. Guess he's back to his old tricks.