Resume help - job description for package car driver

newguy1

I am refreshing my resume now that i am unemployed. i am waiting for UPS to bring me back in the building so i can start gaining my senority and eventually become full time driver. i am looking for the same kind of job, driving/deliveries... i am kinda stuck on words and wanted to ask here what i should put on the list of details(job description) for UPS - package car driver...i only worked for a few months but i know everyone here is helpful and can give me some help with my job description...

thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may sound too basic, but I think you would be fine listing:

UPS--Package Car Driver

under job description.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the transportation industry who would not have at least have a basic understanding of what it is that we do.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

UPS--Package Car Driver

under job description.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the transportation industry who would not have at least have a basic understanding of what it is that we do.

That's it, in a nutshell.

UPS--Package Car Driver

under job description.

Maybe he isn't applying for a job in transportation. There are skills we use daily that might be usable on a universal basis.
Organization of duties.
Customer relations
Following detailed instructions
communication with management
working with a sense of urgency

There has to be more that I am not thinking about.

SmithBarney

Taken from the UPScareers site: pick it apart and reword it a little, and you've got your job description

"The UPS Package Delivery Driver position is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. A DOT physical exam is required. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills, including the ability to operate a vehicle equipped with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued by this state. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform. Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays. "

rod

Retired 22 years

UPS--Package Car Driver

under job description.

Might want to say: UPS-- Package Truck Driver or Delivery Driver for UPS.

Most people look at you like your nuts when you call a truck a car. :peaceful:

browniehound

If you are writing a resume use what UPS management titles you and that would be service provider. What ever you call it, if you were a UPS driver for any length of time you will stand out above the other applicants.

I'm assuming you are applying for a driving job. The person that looks at your application probably understands how hard we work. Good luck!

lizard

I have found a good way to get help with that section of the resume... Just go to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com or any other good job sites.

If I was trying to get help explaining responsibilities of Feeder Driver for example...I type in truck driver and search for jobs - click on the ads and they will list responsibilities - here is an example...

Our uniformed drivers perform their duties while driving air conditioned company owed vehicles that include cargo vans and Ford Ranger pickups (CDL is not required). Responsibilities include but not limited to accurately entering package data using hand-held devices, accurately sorting freight, lift/handle packages repeatedly, and interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner.

and another....

JOB SUMMARY: Drives truck over established route to deliver products to customers.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

n Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles

n DOT regulatory requirements, HazMat endorsement
n Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
n Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
n Verify and complete required documentation, reports and logs
n Communicate delays, arrivals, equipment problems etc.
n Demonstrate internal and external customer service
n Load and unload freight as required, pick-up and deliver parcels

Anyway You can pretty much do that with any job/ resume.... hope that helps!