RETIRED AND GOING BACK AS A SEASONAL PVD 2022

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I get that but if you mind your monthly infection check, plus your earnings you have to pay social security, Medicare State local taxes .
How much are you making per hour after you eat that all of that?
I see what you're saying. I actually never dollared it out but yeah it's not a great deal imho.

I see what you're saying. I actually never dollared it out but yeah it's not a great deal imho.
Basically where I'm at I'll be at 12% of my paycheck that I wouldn't have to pay my retirement
I know total different everywhere
But she took what you're making and driving, plus the extra taxes you need paying, minus your pension how much would you actually make an hour?

No I do know some locals will let you double dip and that's a different story

They do not do that here though

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My center and many in my district are hiring seasonal PVD Personal Vehicle Delivery Seasonal Drivers. As of last year they began using retired UPSers. I am a retiree of 30+ years and I am planning on doing this. What are your thoughts and is there any concerns I should have. I do not want to jeopardize my retirement benefits. I called my Union office and they said not problem.....but still a bit apprehensive.
Are you :censored2:ing mad

Over70irregs

My center and many in my district are hiring seasonal PVD Personal Vehicle Delivery Seasonal Drivers. As of last year they began using retired UPSers. I am a retiree of 30+ years and I am planning on doing this. What are your thoughts and is there any concerns I should have. I do not want to jeopardize my retirement benefits. I called my Union office and they said not problem.....but still a bit apprehensive.
Will hours worked go toward your pension?

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I only have one question for you

What the hell is wrong with you?
You are funny, but I have thought about the same thing. If the union wouldn’t temporally dock my pension, I would seriously consider it, for a few reasons. I would basically feel no pressure while knowing pretty much how the system works. I have an old Saturn wagon that I don’t drive much that I could use. I think it would be fun, and I would probably really get into the spirit doing this! Truth be told, I do hope the new Union management gets rid of PVDs. Should never have been allowed. I would love to be a jump seat guy, much like the Christmas helpers I had.

You are funny, but I have thought about the same thing. If the union wouldn’t temporally dock my pension, I would seriously consider it, for a few reasons. I would basically feel no pressure while knowing pretty much how the system works. I have an old Saturn wagon that I don’t drive much that I could use. I think it would be fun, and I would probably really get into the spirit doing this! Truth be told, I do hope the new Union management gets rid of PVDs. Should never have been allowed. I would love to be a jump seat guy, much like the Christmas helpers I had.
If any of your posts made any sense I may have read it