Retired management coming back for peak

PT Car Washer

Remember when they come back its all the good things about being in mgmt and none of the bad. You get the juice of coordinating the operation. BUT you work 8 hours a day, no conference calls, no injury presentations for Liberty Mutual, no real production pressure, and light at the end of the tunnel. Usually when you leave, you don't miss the circus but you miss some of the clowns so you go back and see them....
One retired manager when asked how much he wanted to come back for Peak. He threw out a number he was sure they would not agree to. They accepted his offer.

dudebro

One retired manager when asked how much he wanted to come back for Peak. He threw out a number he was sure they would not agree to. They accepted his offer.
Thats the employment model everywhere it seems. Have a few core employees around who are the continuity and local knowledge. Everything else, contract out, throw the money you need to at them bc you know in two months they're off your books.

35years

Gravy route
For 3 peak seasons an old division manager came back to run the bldg.

What a bunch of crap. She was a power tripping B before and after she retired. We all got hosed, I mean really hosed. 70 hour weeks.

Good riddance. She tried to shake my hand and small talk. Hahaha. She had made our lives a living hell and she thinks it's all good.

Treegrower

I witnessed a funny encounter between an retired old school manager who came back for Christmas a couple of years ago and a young part timer, didn’t see or know what happened but I heard the part timer yelled that the Manager was “a despicable human being” as she was leaving ... I just laughed...😂
Something similar. We were standing around getting ready to start and a retired manager who came back gir peak walked up and started give one particular driver grieve about over allow and using his helper too long. The driver ripped into hilariously. The way a comedian schools a heckler. No profanity, no swearing or cussing but just ripped this clown to shreds in front of his peers and other drivers. Absolutely classic. He ended his routine with something the Good witch says to the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz. Something about calling him silly and insignificant. About he has no powers here now and how he should leave before someone drops a house on him too. It was classic. The manager slunked away and kept a very low profile the rest of peak .

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Just curious if there are any retired supes that have come back to work through peak? One of the supes that retired from my center just recently came back. Not as management or anything just as a glorified babysitter. Working through an outside agency.

Still has the same cocky attitude as when he was working for UPS and still plays favorites. I don't see any reason for him being there. He retired 5-6 years ago. He's really out of touch with how things are running now. He expects the building to run like it did when he ran it. He doesn't even take into consideration that we have way more volume and fewer people to run the sort and is always riding everyone's backside to work harder. We are busting hump to get the job done and our sort supe has never complained about how we are doing. Why the heck would you want to come back after retiring to begin with. Must not have much of a life
Yep @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U came back after david broke up with him

Re-Raise

I’ve only been retired for one year and I am still in pretty good shape. But even so..they could surely find someone that would try harder than I would if I came back for peak?

It reminds me of the saying “I wouldn’t even work for a place dumb enough to hire me.”

I’ve only been retired for one year and I am still in pretty good shape. But even so..they could surely find someone that would try harder than I would if I came back for peak?

It reminds me of the saying “I wouldn’t even work for a place dumb enough to hire me.”
But it takes a while to train somebody to do this job. So I can understand why they would ask retirees to come back for peak.