Retired under ups then converts to central states

oldngray

nowhere special
Keep getting automated calls from central states, plus who knows what will be left
Central States pretty much has no clue about details involving UPS pensions. They should but I guarantee you shouldn't be relying on them for information.

rod

Retired 22 years
So no pension for you?
If you retired before 2008 your pension will be cut by about 2/3rds. I will go from 3k a month down to 1.2k. The $1,200 monthly money is a Government program that apparently isn't in the best shape so no guarantees on how long that is good for. I've talked a lot with my financial guru and he says we will be fine with the life style we live. For those old coots who REALLY count on their pension to live it will be a kick in the face. We are basically being sent out to pasture to die by the Teamster Union. Thank you Local 638

oldngray

nowhere special
If you retired before 2008 your pension will be cut by about 2/3rds. I will go from 3k a month down to 1.2k. The $1,200 monthly money is a Government program that apparently isn't in the best shape so no guarantees on how long that is good for. I've talked a lot with my financial guru and he says we will be fine with the life style we live. For those old coots who REALLY count on their pension to live it will be a kick in the face. We are basically being sent out to pasture to die by the Teamster Union. Thank you Local 638

You don't vote or pay dues.

Why should they care?

542thruNthru

It's about damn time you got the hint!