Retiree Airline Discounts

vantexan

The FedEx travel discount is total b.s. if a pilot’s flying stanby, he or she is ahead of you. If their neighbor is on standby, they’re ahead of you. The only chance is to fly before sunrise. Why sleep at all the night before you go?

Paying for a real ticket is worth the peace of mind.
When I flew to London on United had no trouble getting on. It's a matter of which airline you use, time of day, and time of year. The real cost of flying to London is way beyond my budget. If you want to get a discounted ticket on an already cheap airline you very much run the risk of getting bumped. In the early days of Southwest flew everywhere with our discount for $25 each way. Some rowdy FedEx people taking constant trips to Vegas ruined it for the rest of us. We used to have a 90% discount with TWA. I moved from Seattle to Topeka using that for next to nothing. Shipped my stuff FedEx Express Saver with employee discount. Had all my boxes sitting inside furnished apartment when I arrived. Total move cost halfway across country? About $105 but that was 1990.

floridays

Put your wrinkled worm in the water old man, you may get a nibble.

A new post brought me here, I read from the top and saw your post, just another opportunity for me to be a jackass.

It's long ago, did your wrinkled worm get nibbled VET?

thanks for going to the jungle old man, ......respect.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Put your wrinkled worm in the water old man, you may get a nibble.

A new post brought me here, I read from the top and saw your post, just another opportunity for me to be a jackass.

It's long ago, did your wrinkled worm get nibbled VET?

thanks for going to the jungle old man, ......respect.
How did you know I am a Master Baiter?

oldngray

nowhere special
How did you know I am a Master Baiter?
photos-189.jpg