Retirement calculator always "unavailable""contact administrator..."

quad decade guy

Ok. Used to be you had to send off for a packet. Well, actually (a long time ago) you could actually call Atlanta. I try now and then to access this "retirement calculator". The process has never worked for me. Does it actually exist? Certain trick to it? I'm able to log in and all that and go step by step until I click on the link and boom...nothing. Thoughts?Thanks.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just from my experiences with calling Atlanta directly:

1. Don't expect any clear cut answers about your pension.

2. The will redirect you to a 1-800 number and you will be talking to somebody who hasn't a clue.

3. Never expect a call back from anybody in charge, because nobody is in charge in Atlanta.

4. At the end of the year many of the Human Resources representatives will be "transformed" (Laid Off).

5. Apparently they take awful long lunch breaks in Atlanta, particularly in the HR department. (Good Food).

6. Once you get your pension estimate or final turn in it will be confusing and subject to change...

7. The Board of Trustees or the Plan Administrators will never physically sign anything, the best you can expect is some low level OMS to initial it just in case of future legal action the people in charge do not want to be held liable for anything, that is how they got there in the first place.

8. They will never return any hard core documentation of any answers or concerns about your pension benefits.

9. They will expecting a lot of legal action by their lower end partners over the elimination of their pension plan in 2023. So expect a lot of stonewalling and being purposely ignored, they have bigger fish to fry.

10. Expect no help from our current leadership or your local union official they haven't a clue either.

Other than that it is smooth sailing.....

quad decade guy

Just from my experiences with calling Atlanta directly:

1. Don't expect any clear cut answers about your pension.

2. The will redirect you to a 1-800 number and you will be talking to somebody who hasn't a clue.

3. Never expect a call back from anybody in charge, because nobody is in charge in Atlanta.

4. At the end of the year many of the Human Resources representatives will be "transformed" (Laid Off).

5. Apparently they take awful long lunch breaks in Atlanta, particularly in the HR department. (Good Food).

6. Once you get your pension estimate or final turn in it will be confusing and subject to change...

7. The Board of Trustees or the Plan Administrators will never physically sign anything, the best you can expect is some low level OMS to initial it just in case of future legal action the people in charge do not want to be held liable for anything, that is how they got there in the first place.

8. They will never return any hard core documentation of any answers or concerns about your pension benefits.

9. They will expecting a lot of legal action by their lower end partners over the elimination of their pension plan in 2023. So expect a lot of stonewalling and being purposely ignored, they have bigger fish to fry.

10. Expect no help from our current leadership or your local union official they haven't a clue either.

Other than that it is smooth sailing.....

Ok. But.....It's a pretty serious question..No?

I've always found the whole process quite strange. But really, why is it this way? Subject to change. Why? It seems pretty simple: I worked 39 years full time. That gets me how much? Right? And what does lower mgt. have to do with anything?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok. Used to be you had to send off for a packet. Well, actually (a long time ago) you could actually call Atlanta. I try now and then to access this "retirement calculator". The process has never worked for me. Does it actually exist? Certain trick to it? I'm able to log in and all that and go step by step until I click on the link and boom...nothing. Thoughts?Thanks.

Why quit now
Isn’t it time for a new Cessna or Corvette
:devil2:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Right or try back later. I have NEVER been able to access this calculator. And.....who do I call? Atlanta....?
You can call CS Teamcare and they can give you the amount you'll receive from CS only.. Then email, call, write the company side in Atlanta to get the amount you'll receive from them. When you turn 65 you'll get two separate checks...one from CS and one from ups until CS is no more and at that point the Company will have to make up the difference.